fox among the pigeons"

Guest pigeonbasher

Guest pigeonbasher

pigeon shooting on rape last week! after aprox 2 hours" 15 pigeons down last one flapping just momenterily (presumed dead) 5 mins later started plapping again

just about to send dog . out shot charlie" big mistake. turned out to be small vixen.

any one had similar exsperiance?:P?:P?:P?

I have had a fox , stalk my decoys in swathed rape.

It came down a far row, disappeared and then popped up on the edge of the pattern and rushed them.

When nothing moved, it stopped dead..............then I shot it and it stopped dead again. :P

Following a long quiet bird less spell, a badger walked round a bend in a dry ditch I was standing in, when shooting over peas stubbles.

It stopped about 8ft away, when it saw me.

It couldn,t turn round as the ditch was too narrow, with steep sides.

So, it reversed back round the corner until it found a wider part , turned and ran off.

Hawks hitting decoys, stoats and rats trying to drag dead bird decoys away, I think most of us have had these experiences decoying. :P

I've got a fox that knows when I am out lamping...

The other night I was up on the top field and had just spotted a bunny up near some paddock fencing. As I swung round to check if there was anything nearer to me, I noticed a set of predator eyes (the ones that _both_ look at you!) looking back at me.

That worried me a bit, but I bagged the rabbit and went on up the field. On the way back, it was still there. Since I tend to throw my mixie rabbits into the hedge about five yards from where it was, I think it's twigged that it can get a free meal now and again.

Wookie

Anyone who lamps lurchers on a reguler basis will tell you that foxes will follow you around all night. Its the squeals of the rabbits (cant be a better call for a fox than the real thing ) One particuler farm every time we went there this one fox would follow us around all night he even tried to take a rabbit off the dog on more than one occation. Id like to say that he met an untimly end but he didnt.Well not from me anyhow.