Any thoughts?

bruno22rf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions hawkfanz but I've had Meteors, sold a few Airsporter's in my time and never had an Original 50 that I felt was up to hunting, beautiful gun in every way but never felt right hunting. The HW80 I shot with for years is worth considering but the weight, with my health, makes heavy guns a big problem.

Always loved the Weihrauch marque until I bought a 95 several years ago - pulled off my longest every Squirrel shot with it but it's accuracy never really gave me confidence, unlike my previous 80, and was kinda glad to see the back of it - had a 35 (bought with my first ever earnings) but we never got on either :unhappy: - OMG - just realised that must have been 1979. Quite like the Original 45, but too heavy for me now, or the Annie 335 but that's rocking horse poo territory.

hello, i did the same a few years back and bought a 95 K , just could not get on with a springer, then i found a good deal on a japanese pump up single shot, 5 pumps 10 ft LLB, not easy to load in dark, i do not shoot much with air rifle so was looking to change my FX to a tube PCP 50/60 shots but that means more filling as the FX is a bottle and tube, i have seen the FX vermy selling for £600 second hand so maybe i will change one day for something new and shiney. 

If it's lightweight your after then the AA200 or the Compatto, i have both and find them excellent for walking around with because of the lack of weight, but it's down to personal choice, i prefer the wooden stock of the AA200 but the Compatto has a slicker cycling action although with a bit of tinkering the AA200 can be made much better.

I've just bought a brand new cometa 400s on a whim and because it was on clearance-£135. still getting used to a springer again. nice weight at under 7lbs, pretty good build quality too. steady at 10.5 ft lbs right now. accuracy is good enough for 25m hunting, probably more if it wasn't me pulling the trigger! gotta say its better than i expected it to be. Glad i bought a springer again, didn't know how much I missed it.

HW99 Perhaps?      

Isn't it funny how we long for yesteryear, and the items , and technologies that stood us in good stead , 'in the day'.

I have been 'hankering; for a Morris Minor 'woody' like i had when i passed my test in 1975., 

But would I go without my aircon , satnav ;wipers that work  , and heated rear window ?  ' (anyone Remember those stick on panels in the back windows?) No.

I love my Webley Vulcan, its been mine for 30yrs , but would I swap it for my BSA Scorpion ,R10 , or HW110? for pest control     No!

To be fair to my quarry and to keep it to  'ethical' 1 shot outright kills wherever possible , and for the fastest follow up shot I will use the best tool for the job.

To me , that's a PCP .

Love the original 35 - caused a massive argument between my father and myself many, many years ago when a local idiot found himself short of cash up the pub one night and offered his new 35 to the first person to put £6 (I kid you not) on the table - sprinted home and begged the old man to loan me the cash but he reckoned it was a wind up. I spent many hours that summer ,green with envy, watching my friend enjoying the cheapest new 35 I ever heard of :bye2:.BTW - it was £6 because that was the cost of filling his motorbike.

Some nice rifles there ,Mice, but BAR prices are about 30% dearer than I reckon I can buy for and then they add £24 postage :no:.

Edited by bruno22rf

18 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Some nice rifles there ,Mice, but BAR prices are about 30% dearer than I reckon I can buy for and then they add £24 postage :no:.

I always think they seem dear, but its a business so there probably expecting a haggle?

wp_ss_20180925_0001.png.461b2841b8ff43c10877b21c256c80a6.png

I'm following this guy on free adds, definitely worth a look, he has/ had a HW 30 or 35 last week looked immaculate 

17 hours ago, Longbower said:

HW99 Perhaps?      

Isn't it funny how we long for yesteryear, and the items , and technologies that stood us in good stead , 'in the day'.

I have been 'hankering; for a Morris Minor 'woody' like i had when i passed my test in 1975., 

But would I go without my aircon , satnav ;wipers that work  , and heated rear window ?  ' (anyone Remember those stick on panels in the back windows?) No.

I love my Webley Vulcan, its been mine for 30yrs , but would I swap it for my BSA Scorpion ,R10 , or HW110? for pest control     No!

To be fair to my quarry and to keep it to  'ethical' 1 shot outright kills wherever possible , and for the fastest follow up shot I will use the best tool for the job.

To me , that's a PCP .

I think what Bruno22 is after is a airrifle with some character or nostalgia, yes you'd be hard pressed to come up with a reason to use anything but  a modern precharge. But used sensibly a piston rifle would be fine , it's the same reason you see vintage bikes or cars being used. I wouldn't take my feinwerkbau if I thought a big bag of pigeon was on cards but sitting over a bait station or a sitty tree when I can choose the range I often don't take a fac airrifle