.357 humane dispatch revolver

Daz1986

Yes there are a few,  www.oceaniadefence.co.uk/ is one. There are others one near Tonbridge, one around crawly there are some more but not sure where I will find out as one has got something for me  . Not really southeast more south west but  http://www.valefirearms.co.uk/

Holts have got a couple in their sealed bid auction next month.

Get .38 special on your ammo as well depending what you will be using the gun for.

3 hours ago, Fuddster said:

I believe you can shoot 38 ammo in the 357-so potentially cheaper rounds.

f.

Yes, you can. A .357 chambered gun is very versatile. I never tried .38 S&W loads in a .357 chambered revolver, but I don’t see why you couldn’t, but anything from .38+P and .38 Super right up to full weight magnums are all possible in a .357, especially if you load your own. 

4 hours ago, Fuddster said:

I believe you can shoot 38 ammo in the 357-so potentially cheaper rounds.

f.

Cost of rounds isn't something you'll be thinking about for humane dispatch, you wouldn't use a .38 special because its cheaper when what you need is a .357 magnum. And a few pence a round is going to break the bank anyway, its not like your fire off 100's at targets 

granted but I suppose it would still be usable for smaller stuff.

local slaughter man favours a .44 lever action with iron sights-he covers a local wildlife park and has had some rather exotic animals to dispatch-there isn't a column in my game record book so it have to go under 'miscellaneous'.

cheers

f.

4 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

granted but I suppose it would still be usable for smaller stuff.

local slaughter man favours a .44 lever action with iron sights-he covers a local wildlife park and has had some rather exotic animals to dispatch-there isn't a column in my game record book so it have to go under 'miscellaneous'.

cheers

f.

😉

Yeah the 38 is good for smaller stuff but can be too much for some things! .38/357 under leaver is great but not always the room to use one and not great for something taller that shoulder height and it could be frowned upon in some circumstances!  

23 hours ago, Scully said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but can I ask what a .357 can do that a .38 can’t as regards humane despatch? 

Its probably a matter of convenience/versatility.

There is little point these days in actually getting a .38, simply get the .357 and then you can shoot .38 as well if you want, but not the other way round!

:good:

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 08:15, Daz1986 said:

Anyone know of any dealers that stock section 5 pistols in the south east?? 

Mine came from A M Hobbs Firearms ltd, hardly the South East but they usually carry .357 in stock.

Not many had them when I was last looking so at just over 100 miles each way for me, this was relatively local!

Edited by Dekers

3 hours ago, Dekers said:

Its probably a matter of convenience/versatility.

There is little point these days in actually getting a .38, simply get the .357 and then you can shoot .38 as well if you want, but not the other way round!

:good:

My thoughts exactly, which is why we always applied for .38/357 back in the day. 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Comparitively few revolvers are made in .38 special, the manufacturers rightly recognise .357 is the more marketable option. 

Yes, nowadays I’d have to agree. I once owned a .38 S&W calibre revolver and sometimes wondered how many such owners met an untimely end due to its abysmal stopping power. 🙂