Anyone a watch collector?

Retsdon

2 hours ago, fitzy said:

Have a look at Vostok,  real throw back to the USSR. Inexpensive but interesting with cult following. I've got a Komandirskie and it's a lovely eye catching watch. The Amphibian range are good too. Used to be buttons but prices are climbing. They can be a bit rough but there's a charm to them.

I have a couple of Vostock Amphibians that I really like. The're not too big which suits my wrist. Anything over 42mm looks absurd on me and the Amphibians are just the right size. At the moment I'm half-toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on a Poljot Strela -the 38mm hand-wind model with the 3133 movement but I don't know that I can really justify the cost. Although apparently they've stopped making the 3133 so .......

I probably  need some financial good news to push me over the edge......

18 hours ago, Retsdon said:

I have a couple of Vostock Amphibians that I really like. The're not too big which suits my wrist. Anything over 42mm looks absurd on me and the Amphibians are just the right size. At the moment I'm half-toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on a Poljot Strela -the 38mm hand-wind model with the 3133 movement but I don't know that I can really justify the cost. Although apparently they've stopped making the 3133 so .......

I probably  need some financial good news to push me over the edge......

That Poljot Strela is a nice looking piece! Go for it ;-)

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

Do your home work and go round the markets and charity shops loads of carp but the occasional gem at the right price

I bought a seventies Ricoh mechanical divers watch for £10.00 at a car boot sale it had a scratched crystal but ran O/K, it sold to Japan for £330.via E/Bay as Heron said they are out there.

2 hours ago, davewh100 said:

yeah that's a nice watch, managed to find my son a blue bi metal submariner paid £500 more than the new price but with the 5% increase as from today works out £50 more but he's well happy

Yes that’s what pushed me to get it yesterday. 

2 hours ago, elgreco said:

Yes that’s what pushed me to get it yesterday. 

carnt believe the waiting time 12/18, months just goes to show how popular rolex watches are even at big money, i asked prices for service they told me £700 there must be cheaper then that think that was from rolex

Hi

Servicing by Rolex provides the provenance when moving them on, also give you 2yrs warranty on the work carried out. Others can service but not sure if you can, should they be needed, get any parts from Rolex now. Another Forum suggested dont go to a 'Plumber' for 'Gunsmith' work...........

New UK HQ? facilities in Bexley are very good if dropping in. St James Square facilities are also great. https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php - have serious enthusiasts and information.

L

PS - if thats a long time ask how long for a Daytona and the premium over if want it sooner!

Edited by Loki
Additional line added

25 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

would dred to think what the waiting time is on a daytona, my lad tryed to insure his watch today was told by two insurers he was too young and needed to be 26 how stupid is that he's 23 so will try put it on the house insurance

Probably imagine he'll get up to no good and bust it? But i thought youngsters only got done on car insurance