Does anyone use solids in their rimfire ?

Ever since getting my first Brno 26 years ago I stuck to Winchester sub sonics then when getting a semi auto a few years ago I had to change to CCI's as the Winchesters weren't as accurate, essentially I haven't even fired more than a dozen supersonic rounds because even through a silencer they're just so noisy. 

Lately I got through a couple of boxes of T22 solid heads (in yellow boxes) which turned out to be almost identical in noise to the CCI's but seemed to drop less at range, can't say I favour one over the other in proper paper accuracy because to be honest all I've done is hit bits of debris on the ground which prove very little. 

What did get me thinking though was one instance when I tried to hit what turned out to be a tiny bit of old plastic bag the size of a small apple at 120 yards in very high winds last week. Both rounds performed as expected with the odd one going several inches wide (due no doubt to wind) but both actually coped rather well. The odd thing is that on at least half a dozen occasions the CCI subsonic hollow points gave an audible ricochet zing whereas the solids didn't once make the same noise ! 

So do any of you people habitually use standard velocity solids (obviously where sensible) because they shoot flatter or more accurately and give less ricochets ? 

Yes, frequently use solids in my Sako Finnfire and Russian CM-2 bolt rifles, usually using Eley Match or Edge. I have one particular spot where long shots are the order of the day and just the little extra accuracy/consistency pays off. Yes, they're a little more expensive but with good shot placement they seem to do the job as well as HP's. If I'm using the semi-auto then I use Eley HP subs and around 70 yards is enough.

Almost all target .22lr ammunition is subsonic, usually 1030-1070'ish 

I did pest control on two USAF bases for 13yrs with a 22lr rifle and only used Eley standard rounds and regularly shot 150 rabbits a night. I always found that if you hit a rabbit in the head with a solid it would make less noise than the same shot with a subsonic round, and where more accurate, head shots out to 175yrs, witnessed. I regularly used 15000 rounds a year.