A good day on the cards

la bala

I popped out to see how the boy was doing on the pigeons. Watching through the binos I could see he was directly under a flight line and had regular traffic. He gave me a bell and said he was on 184 on the clicker. I only watched for 10 minutes or so and he was on the 190s. I feel a 200 day on the cards. I told him not to forget the picture.

Well he hasnt put a post up so I will tell you what I know. The field was disced stubble, the farmer has rather dated machinery which tends to drop a lot of grain. The boy had been watching this field for the last week  with numbers rising. When arriving this morning app 500 lifted off the field. He set up in a ditch and and used vegetation on his net, he put out a large pattern of dead birds to his front with a magnet, he also put a decoy pattern to his rear the other side of the ditch, In actual fact he was positioned in the middle of one huge pattern. The other end of the field to his right was a field of cereal which was so poor it didnt get combined and had been ploughed in, this he flagged off. Shooting was a bit slow to start,  but then got better by the hour. He had a cracking day finishing with 210 on the clicker although he did lose 20 or so in an overgrown orchard out to his front. With Meg being retired now things are not so easy, she would love to go but it would be cruel to take her. All in all a good day, well done boy.