Can I count this as a kill?

spandit

Out with the 223 for a mooch. Shot at a rabbit about 120 yards away and missed. Saw it run off.

Walked on a bit and thought I'd sit under a tree to wait and see if they pop out of a different warren. In the bracken was a dead rabbit. Still warm but with not a mark on it. Varmageddon don't take any prisoners so it must have died from fright.

Can I add it to the total?

Had this a long while back with an air rifle. Missed the rabbit it bolted about 50 yards down the hedge shot into the field and keeled over, when I got out to retrieve it not mark on it I think it just had a  heart attack with the shock of a near miss and sudden exertion.

Who say they are warning shots :)

Sorry 

only counts if you have a picture obviously with your Thermometer 🤒 showing body temperature and X-ray to show it wasn’t a road casualty 

far to much of this sort of nonsense going on 

next someone will say there bullet passed through out the other side and killed it’s mate as well 😉😊

all the best 

of 

ps 

for entry to the 2 for 1 club names on a post card to 😙...............

6 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Sorry 

only counts if you have a picture obviously with your Thermometer 🤒 showing body temperature and X-ray to show it wasn’t a road casualty 

far to much of this sort of nonsense going on 

next someone will say there bullet passed through out the other side and killed it’s mate as well 😉😊

all the best 

of 

ps 

for entry to the 2 for 1 club names on a post card to 😙...............

You forgot to mention at 700 yards!

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Ahh the old sea rabbits 

tricky blighters 

although allegedly easier to shoot than ferret 😂

Well, they are indeed rare and I’m told mighty difficult depending on the ‘swell’ 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Difficult to shoot a rabbit at sea, not impossible but difficult all the same!

Dear chap, one also uses Natical miles in other forms of transport- although I must admit to not having seen too many at 41000’

Thought you would like that Tightchoke .Along similar lines some years ago taking a couple of potential new guns around the shoot came across a still warm Canada without a mark on it.Handed it one of the guys who seemed extremely grateful and blow me down fifty yards on was another one.A power line crossed the field we were in and I can only assume the two birds had flown into it bringing them down.Two birds no shots and two two happy visitors going home with a dinner each.