Fox Squeaker/caller

fitzy

Anyone recommend a fox squeaker? Looking for something inexpensive. Seems to be all different types but some must be more effective than others at getting Charlie's attention. Did find a post but 10 years old. Don't want something that takes 6 weeks practice to master.

Edited by fitzy

No hardย and fast rules on what to use. One caller may work well one day then next time out Charles heads for the hills on hearing it? Just have to ring the changes and see what they bring in. Back of the handย is a pretty good cost free method and with practice works as well as any thing.ย  (Watch out for owls hovering over your head at night though, we have had them as close as 2 ft!)

hello, my friend who shoots from his landrover use some polystyrene on the window, i tried the back of hand jobby,ย ๐Ÿ‘Ž going to get a small square piece of perspex and try that, i do use aย  Lohmanย  CIRCE caller and did get a fox come close in darkness other times just run, ha ha, i got one sunday night by stealth and N/V about 8pm, once i was within 50 yards range with L/R cross hair on target and one less charlie

7 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Buy a dog's squeaky toy and take the squeaker out and use that.

I bought a squeaky ball from the supermarket for ยฃ1 and it works as well as anything else.ย :good:

hello, you can buy just the squeakers of ebay from china 10 for a few pounds, thanks to remind me just put one in shooting bag.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On โ€Ž25โ€Ž/โ€Ž09โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 09:05, fitzy said:

Anyone recommend a fox squeaker? Looking for something inexpensive. Seems to be all different types but some must be more effective than others at getting Charlie's attention. Did find a post but 10 years old. Don't want something that takes 6 weeks practice to master.

I have had a lot of success with the original fox call took about 5 mins toย  master it and it comes with a cord to wear around the neck and cheap to buy.

Just had 5 tonight using this squeak out of a dog toy. It came out a thing that looked like a bottom plug thing, cost ยฃ2.95, cut it out, wrapped some stainless wire round it, stuck it on a key ring and away you go.ย 

I'll make you all some for a tenner each.ย 

20180927_002745-600x800.jpg

This one came in from about 200+ย 

20180926_233052-600x800.jpg