Tadcaster, North Yorkshire

Mason4796

Apologies - that may help ha! 

Just looking to connect and get to know some more local shooters I guess. Everyone I have met or spoken with from PW all share the same passion and interest in shooting. I haven’t done much pigeon shooting in the local area and I guess in honesty, I thought it would be good to network and speak to local guys (or girls) that shoot nearby. It may be they can impart some advice and insight etc. I just wanted to network a bit more locally to me really. 

I got talking to a guy through my YouTube channel who very kindly invited me down to his permission a month or so ago. It was good to meet a fellow shooter and someone I now meet up with at a local clay shoot every now and then for a catch up and a bit of fun at the clays!

3 hours ago, 20bjames said:

I shoot down at rufforth clay pigeon ground really good place 

I haven’t made it to rufforth yet! Despite it being the closest ground to me!!! I am normally at Hazel Bank in Knaresborough. When is Ruffoth open? I have rung them a few times but the guy I spoke to made it sound like hard work and didn’t seem interested so never bothered going lol have heard good things though! 

4 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

yes i for one sometimes shoot that area via nppc,loads of ground around there and the new rape lists for winter pigeon shooting will be coming out soon,why not ring john the boss an have a word with him might be worth your while.

Yeah he sent me through some details, he was really helpful and it looks like a great set up! Keen to find some permissions locally without having to fork out £170 odd quid though. Got a wedding to pay for and my other half might kill me haha but after the wedding I will probably join NPPC. I’m just staggered that in an area like Tad I can’t pick something up through word of mouth etc. But who knows with a bit of persistence.. 

good to know that NPPC has shooting around my area though thanks! 👍