Punch bags

Lloyd90

Can anyone recommend where I can get a high quality punch bag as heavy as possible? 

Used to do a lot of Boxing and wanting to put a bag up in the garage - have a heavy duty mount. 

The issue with many bags I’ve found is they’re cheap **** and too light and therefore swing around too much. 

As I’m a good 120kg im looking for as heavy as possible. Preferable a 150lb bag (70kg) but can’t find one anywhere. 

Plenty of FB market but they’re the 30kg ones and just not up to the job. 

Seen a few heavy leather ones around 50kg but looking into big money... thought it worth asking on here before buying. 

6 hours ago, CaptainBeaky said:

Decent weight but out of stock and no price listed 😞 

4 hours ago, Duckandswing said:

Lonsdale do a 65kg bag but pretty sure it’s about £400

That’s why I thought worth asking before spending out!! 

7 hours ago, Scully said:

Ex army kitbag filed with whatever you fancy? That's what we used in our makeshift dojo. 

They any good? No a clue! Atm I’m looking at bolting several car tyres together. 

7 hours ago, Scully said:

Ex army kitbag filed with whatever you fancy? That's what we used in our makeshift dojo. 

25 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They any good? No a clue! Atm I’m looking at bolting several car tyres together. 

I've had one of these 

E  Bay item 163252796946   for years filled with kiln sand and haven't killed it yet.

Edited by Eyefor

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Decent weight but out of stock and no price listed 😞 

That’s why I thought worth asking before spending out!! 

It served its purpose for many a year; filled with sand it absorbs anything you can throw at it ( with pads on ) and doesn’t swing around all over the place. 

Personally I wouldn't be punching anything full of sand, depends how much your going to be using it I suppose but as they say, you'll need your hands long after you finish boxing, there's loads of heavy bags out there although they'll cost you, I'd go for something a touch lighter and attach elastic to the floor if it moves too much, although if a heavy bag is moving that much, your probably throwing pushing punches, try snapping them a bit more, it's how most of the pros train on the heavy bag.

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Can anyone recommend where I can get a high quality punch bag as heavy as possible? 

Used to do a lot of Boxing and wanting to put a bag up in the garage - have a heavy duty mount. 

The issue with many bags I’ve found is they’re cheap **** and too light and therefore swing around too much. 

As I’m a good 120kg im looking for as heavy as possible. Preferable a 150lb bag (70kg) but can’t find one anywhere. 

Plenty of FB market but they’re the 30kg ones and just not up to the job. 

Seen a few heavy leather ones around 50kg but looking into big money... thought it worth asking on here before buying. 

go down to westminster...............you have 630 punch bags down there....and you have an up market selection too....like "the heseltine".............or "the adonis"..all good brands...dont know how long they would last in regular use.......

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Personally I wouldn't be punching anything full of sand, depends how much your going to be using it I suppose but as they say, you'll need your hands long after you finish boxing...

I agree with that but I was recommended dried kiln sand by an ex pro boxer. It flows much more freely than builders (or beach!) sand so the bag gives a little with the punch.