Fuel

wymberley

Obviously we're subjects who've been battered into submissive compliance. I've just filled up my tank with the highest priced fuel I've ever had to pay and have not heard a whimper about it. I'm not going to be around so it will not affect me however it's done, but just out of interest, how do we suppose the government are going to make up the lost taxation revenue when there's no petrol or diesel in  a few years time?

Heard a radio interview recently when a politician said that an increase in fuel duty was long overdue.  HM revenue loosing billions it seems although I thought they would be doing allright with increased Vat as fuel prices continue to soar.  All parties seem to treat drivers as a convenient milk cow, while some of our roads resemble those in an impoverished third world country.

Blackpowder

On 26/09/2018 at 19:41, eastdevon said:

Most annoying thing is most of what our government take from us they send over seas to help every other Tom **** and Harry. Yet our forces, NHS etc get constant cut backs. ***!!!

The foreign aid budget is 10% of the NHS budget, 5% of the welfare budget or about 20% of the education budget.

Even Diane Abbott could work out the 14bn spent on aid isn't most of what the government takes in. 

17 minutes ago, toontastic said:

The foreign aid budget is 10% of the NHS budget, 5% of the welfare budget or about 20% of the education budget.

Even Diane Abbott could work out the 14bn spent on aid isn't most of what the government takes in. 

hello, well that is still to much of UK tax payers money to send abroad, i would say half of that is stolen by corrupt goverments

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well that is still to much of UK tax payers money to send abroad, i would say half of that is stolen by corrupt goverments

Not commenting on rights and wrongs of aid, more highlighting posters rubbish statement about most of what is raised in taxes being sent abroad.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

By the time they do away with petrol/diesel I will either be whizzing about on a mobility scooter or pushing up the daisies so I could not care less 😀

hello, i maybe in the same position black bird but what about our children or future generations, it is bad enough only 10% can buy their own home let alone keep up with the cost of living including petrol or diesel, i am sure those on PW who run a small company or self employed find the cost to fill their cars or vans a real *****

On 26/09/2018 at 19:41, eastdevon said:

Most annoying thing is most of what our government take from us they send over seas to help every other Tom **** and Harry. Yet our forces, NHS etc get constant cut backs. ***!!!

Most of what our government take? 

https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxbzdBRCoARIsACzIK2mcVybeq1Z1w5d--St2lPX6jV_k7aN4b60a7CQbXCwQTJ97fK8kryIaAh26EALw_wcB

you're talking ****. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well that is still to much of UK tax payers money to send abroad, i would say half of that is stolen by corrupt 

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

Not commenting on rights and wrongs of aid, more highlighting posters rubbish statement about most of what is raised in taxes being sent abroad.

"You would say" half of it is stolen. Do you have any evidence to back that up? You were so well informed about where "most" of our tax bill goes I'm looking forward to reading this. 

Edited by ClemFandango

My boss runs Artics with the old paper  tacho discs, and pre additive engines .  Like so many small operators  do.

And so many ads tell how far these things go on a charge . Never how long it takes to re- charge . 

I am not disputing things will change , but those of us who remember 'Tomorrow s World'  on tv in the seventy's 

have heard it all before . 

8 hours ago, Longbower said:

My boss runs Artics with the old paper  tacho discs, and pre additive engines .  Like so many small operators  do.

And so many ads tell how far these things go on a charge . Never how long it takes to re- charge . 

I am not disputing things will change , but those of us who remember 'Tomorrow s World'  on tv in the seventy's 

have heard it all before . 

Apparently  the new Tesla HGV has a 400 mile range on a 30 minute charge.  

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/tesla-semi-lorry-have-range-600-miles-says-musk

I'll believe it when I see it though. 

1 hour ago, Jason_ox said:

Using hydrogen as a fuel is just a waste of electricity and it isn’t a very efficient fuel anyway.  It uses a massive amount of electricity  to turn water into hydrogen so you might as well use the electricity to power a more effielectric motor in the first place. 

On 29/09/2018 at 10:21, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i maybe in the same position black bird but what about our children or future generations, it is bad enough only 10% can buy their own home let alone keep up with the cost of living including petrol or diesel, i am sure those on PW who run a small company or self employed find the cost to fill their cars or vans a real *****

I can remember buying my first tank of petrol and I believe it was(old money) 3shillings and nine pence a gallon wuth Green Shield stamps.  I might be a penny or two out.

I also remember paying 27 new p a litre for my LPG .... maybe 12 yrs ago and it is now 75p.

Also remember when Range Rovers cost £1172 brand spanking new

How time seems to change things

BUT  as my old granny used to say, charity begins at home, if we don't look after ourseleves how can we help others.  Too true.