Accident at round about

Green hornet

Had an accident at a roundabout I was going round to 3rd exit and the car on my left was going straight but he realised it wasn’t exit he needed so cut across me.

I clipped he’s rear driver side arch as he went past me and I have some damage on front passenger light and bumper.

The blokes offered to sort it with cash or insurance and admited fault but I’m not to sure cash is a good idea.A mates said insurer might go 50/50 even though it ain’t my fault but I think picture clearly shows it wasn’t mine.I went back later and took afew more pictures.

037F145E-0A7B-4901-83BB-6CCE5ACEEDAA.png

DA49EAFE-25ED-4DBC-8095-4BEB529F87F7.jpeg

Edited by Green hornet

1 hour ago, walshie said:

If he wants to pay cash, take it.  If you put it through the insurance, your premium will go up regardless of who's fault it was. 

Yeah, until you run up several hundred or a few thousand pound in repairs and he claims actually he doesn’t think it’s his fault. 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

If he wants to pay cash, take it.  If you put it through the insurance, your premium will go up regardless of who's fault it was. 

Also several insurers no longer count claims that aren’t your fault. My last 3 year they didn’t count claims that were not fault. 

Wrote my last car off when a chap pulled out in front of me because he got bored waiting. My premium actually went down when I got a new car. They didn't count it against me at all. 

People say cash when they think it's 50 quid for a bit of spray paint on the bumper. When you replace the while thing they may not want the bill. 

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Yeah, until you run up several hundred or a few thousand pound in repairs and he claims actually he doesn’t think it’s his fault. 

Also several insurers no longer count claims that aren’t your fault. My last 3 year they didn’t count claims that were not fault. 

Some idiot drove into the towbar on my truck while I was parked. No damage to either car, but for some reason he notified his insurance and when I went to renew my insurance they asked me why I hadn't mentioned it. I explained because there was no incident and no damage and they bumped my premium up by £20 and now it's on the insurance database as a "claim" for the next 5 years. Now I have to mention this non-event on every insurance application. Shysters.

Edited by walshie

25 minutes ago, walshie said:

Some idiot drove into the towbar on my truck while I was parked. No damage to either car, but for some reason he notified his insurance and when I went to renew my insurance they asked me why I hadn't mentioned it. I explained because there was no incident and no damage and they bumped my premium up by £20 and now it's on the insurance database as a "claim" for the next 5 years. Now I have to mention this non-event on every insurance application. Shysters.

He reported it because it was clearly your fault - fancy leaving your car parked where he wanted to drive Walshie, a ridiculous and thoughtless thing to do ...............................

My daughter had a similar event, they agreed to go the insurance route and she had to fight hard to stop the insurers trying 50/50 on. Eventually got it sorted to her satisfaction as the police had passed just after the incident and the other driver admitted fault, but even then the police did not want to be involved and she had to get a senior officer to get involved.

Thanks for the reply’s guys.Just an update I woke up lastnight about 2am with tingling in my left hand headache and pain on the shoulder blade and Neck.

I went to my gp first thing this morning and he explained I had whiplash I dont want a claim up just my car fixed but I spoke to the  bloke and told him parts come to nearly £400 He didn’t like that

I’ve opted to go through insurance he’s now saying he can’t rememer what happen and it all happen so fast 😂 

On 27/09/2018 at 18:35, Green hornet said:

Thanks for the reply’s guys.Just an update I woke up lastnight about 2am with tingling in my left hand headache and pain on the shoulder blade and Neck.

I went to my gp first thing this morning and he explained I had whiplash I dont want a claim up just my car fixed but I spoke to the  bloke and told him parts come to nearly £400 He didn’t like that

I’ve opted to go through insurance he’s now saying he can’t rememer what happen and it all happen so fast 😂 

They never do like it if it's over £20 and it always will be. 

I used to not bother claiming for minor damage but now we know how the ****ty insurance trade reward people for not claiming small amounts by shoving up their premiums just because a policy holder might claim at some future date.  I will now claim any small thing I can just to get the excess premium payments back into my pocket.

It seems anyone who has had an accident at over 5mph while wearing a seatbelt is now entitled to a minimum £1500 compo for stress and ongoing aches and pains as long as they will claim they self medicate.

To my mind insurers have brought this onto themselves by being so greedy.

Two of their greed examples I can think of are: Raising a premium for non fault non claim 'incidents - where a person not claiming has shown good character by saving their insurer money.

Increasing premiums when using a driver logging device if they drive at night. I think its safer driving at night because drivers can see other vehicles headlight beams before they even see a vehicle, and there is generally less traffic on the roads, and some of us on here will be driving off road while night hunting.

There is also the fiasco where - until recently - many insurers charged extra if a driver fitted winter tyres - which are safer because they have better grip.