Bean to cup coffee machine

B725

I’ve had a Delonghi Magnifica 4200 for the past 6 years... almost 7 actually. I paid about £230 for it. It does have a steam wand but never use it, as I drink strong black coffee. Plus, the steam parts are a pain to clean. If someone wants a milky coffee, the milk gets heated in the microwave.

Would I buy another one if this one breaks down? Absolutely yes.

What I would say, though, is that it doesn’t work well with ground coffee (there is a seperate compartment for ground in mine)

Apart from that, I love it. And the missus can make a decent coffee, too :D

I’ll sell you one of these: -

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/krups-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-silver

In excellent working order, not used that much.

In original box.

Has a huge selection of recipes.

Automatic steam wand, froths milk in the cup and self cleans.

We now only use Nespresso.

£420 delivered to Derbyshire.

2 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

I’ll sell you one of these: -

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/krups-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-silver

In excellent working order, not used that much.

In original box.

Has a huge selection of recipes.

Automatic steam wand, froths milk in the cup and self cleans.

We now only use Nespresso.

£420 delivered to Derbyshire.

is there any warranty on this machine

7 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

I too have roasted my own beans with a popcorn machine.

Very enjoyable, still got loads of green beans.

Used to blend five or six varieties.

Haha that's next level stuff, blending.

Might give it a try though, I've found a good seller on the bay that sells around a kilo split into 100g bags all different varieties for £14.

I like the hands on process and the time it takes to make, therapeutic.

10 minutes ago, Muddy Funker said:

Haha that's next level stuff, blending.

Might give it a try though, I've found a good seller on the bay that sells around a kilo split into 100g bags all different varieties for £14.

I like the hands on process and the time it takes to make, therapeutic.

Try Pennine Tea and Coffee.

They have lots of choice in 1 kilo bags at reasonable prices.

Used to buy all of mine from them.

I use a small Russell Hobbs espresso machine with 15bar steam pressure. Nothing fancy! Steams and froths the milk with the wand, and then make the espresso to pour into the milk. Cracking cuppa and cost me £15 second hand! Oh and picked up a nice programmable electric grinder for the coffee grind too, and things are just peachy! Had to fit a new coupling to the steam generator hose last year after blowing the existing one. Packed the coffee to right into the head and basically the pressure built up before rupturing the fitting. I fancied a bean to cup! But am staying with what I have as I don't see a bean to cup making a coffee any tastier, just a tad easier maybe?

18 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

I use a small Russell Hobbs espresso machine with 15bar steam pressure. Nothing fancy! Steams and froths the milk with the wand, and then make the espresso to pour into the milk. Cracking cuppa and cost me £15 second hand! Oh and picked up a nice programmable electric grinder for the coffee grind too, and things are just peachy! Had to fit a new coupling to the steam generator hose last year after blowing the existing one. Packed the coffee to right into the head and basically the pressure built up before rupturing the fitting. I fancied a bean to cup! But am staying with what I have as I don't see a bean to cup making a coffee any tastier, just a tad easier maybe?

Pretty much! Two buttons on my bean-to-cup dispenses a perfect cuppa.

Having said that, there is satisfaction to be had pulling the perfect shot on an espresso machine.

10 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Me too.

Currently got four machines, three of which are Nespresso or Caffitaly pod machines.

Used to have a single group commercial machine with a huge commercial grinder.

It’s like guns for me, you can’t have too many.

i see you have caffitaly machine the company i work for have distribution rights for the machines & capsules in the uk, and as you know now you can get Nespresso compatable capsules now 

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

i see you have caffitaly machine the company i work for have distribution rights for the machines & capsules in the uk, and as you know now you can get Nespresso compatable capsules now 

Yes, I prefer the coffee from the Caffitaly, but the capsules are hard to get.

I usually pick up a load when I visit the Gaggia shop at Pontefract, which is not very often.

10 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

Yes, I prefer the coffee from the Caffitaly, but the capsules are hard to get.

I usually pick up a load when I visit the Gaggia shop at Pontefract, which is not very often.

the shop at Castleford is our shop if your ever stuck let me know what you want can allways send them to you

dave

Are you fixed on bean to cup? 

If not consider a separate grinder and machine. I use a KitchenAid Artisan grinder and a Gaggia Classic (the older type, considered better) and always use freshly roasted beans. I like Macchiato so I pull a double espresso shot then heat up some frothy milk with the wand. Perfect. 

The problem with getting into coffee seriously is that at each level you move 'up' it spoils you for anything less. Be warned. 

EDIT: Word to the wise; listen to anything davewh100 has to say bout coffee machines. 

Edited by Thunderbird