Bean to cup coffee machine

B725

12 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

So what bean to cup is worth getting?

We have Delonghi Ecam23,46X (according to the manual). We got the separate milk thingy which is super, just goes in the fridge. Only drawback is that when you do the milk thingy clean you sometimes have to use pipe cleaners on the internal pipe. Hardly a massive drawback. We love it. I particularly like that I can have hot steamed milk without froth. Does demand descaling quite a lot, or perhaps that just means we use it a lot. They come from Currys but the range turns over quite often, which means you can get quite a bargain if you keep an eye open.  

36 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

So what bean to cup is worth getting?

The Krups EA9010 is very good.

The reasons we are parting with ours are: -

We are doing a major renovation of our kitchen and are looking at (yet another) capsule based machine

We like Nespresso or Caffitaly pod convenience

We have too many coffee machines not being used

Things I will miss it for: -

The sound of fresh coffee beans being ground

The huge amount of poragrammed recipes (these can be programmed to you individual taste)

The used coffee pucks (these make excellent fertiliser for your garden, just empty the container on to your soil)

The fact that you don’t need to buy capsules

The huge variation of coffee beans that are available 

We like the small footprint the pod machines provide

We've got a Siemens Bean-to-cup as well as a Dolce Gusto pod machine which never gets used anymore as it's just no comparison. The Siemens can make pretty much anything you want and takes ground coffee as well as beans, but also self cleans and decalc's itself. For the beans, we order from The Bean Shop in Perth who have a good selection in 250g bags with the roasting date on the label so you know it's freshly done.

AB

18 hours ago, humperdingle said:

I’ve had a Delonghi Magnifica 4200 for the past 6 years... almost 7 actually. I paid about £230 for it. It does have a steam wand but never use it, as I drink strong black coffee. Plus, the steam parts are a pain to clean. If someone wants a milky coffee, the milk gets heated in the microwave.

Would I buy another one if this one breaks down? Absolutely yes.

What I would say, though, is that it doesn’t work well with ground coffee (there is a seperate compartment for ground in mine)

Apart from that, I love it. And the missus can make a decent coffee, too :D

We have a similar machine, but the espresso version.

We don't often use the steam wand either, microwave is easier and quicker, but it does make really nice coffee, with or without steamed milk. Would have another. Ours is OK with pre-ground coffee too, but the bean stuff is nicer. Random coffee drinkers compliment it!

2 minutes ago, sandspider said:

We have a similar machine, but the espresso version.

We don't often use the steam wand either, microwave is easier and quicker, but it does make really nice coffee, with or without steamed milk. Would have another. Ours is OK with pre-ground coffee too, but the bean stuff is nicer. Random coffee drinkers compliment it!

Yeh the milk froths-up nicely if I use my old (small) cafetiere. Put the hot milk in and plunge the wotsit a few times. 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

I can’t believe someone on here runs a gaggia shop - that’s pretty cool in my books.

hi mungler just the service manager for domestic and commercial for. gaggia and caffeshop uk love my job but not the running up and down the country fitting machines, sooner be in the office selling and sorting problems out I've  repaired and spoken to nick mason from pink Floyd he sent me signed CD and pic of the band made my day my favourite band of all time, spoken with Mr j clarkson . david Beckham lots of football players, even fitted a machine in to number 10 downing street, so iv been very lucky

I contacted Dave yesterday regarding what coffee machine to buy and using his guidance have now purchased one. He never tried to get me to buy a more expensive machine just good advise and a very pleasant man to talk to, just waiting for it to arrive so I can overdose on coffee. 😃👍

4 hours ago, B725 said:

I contacted Dave yesterday regarding what coffee machine to buy and using his guidance have now purchased one. He never tried to get me to buy a more expensive machine just good advise and a very pleasant man to talk to, just waiting for it to arrive so I can overdose on coffee. 😃👍

nice talking to you arthur glad i could help I'm allways hear for advice

dave

On 29/09/2018 at 10:43, B725 said:

Which one did you go for?

3 hours ago, B725 said:

Well now on the second day and experiment coffee number 9 and almost got it right just glad the wife wasn't there to witness the mess a few more tweeks and I will be there. Thanks again Dave for your help and advice 

no probs arthur your welcome don't forget you and the Mrs are quite welcome to come and do the barista course free of charge of course 😊

2 hours ago, amateur said:

Presumably you are now as high as a kite on all the caffeine. 

Best to offset it with some alcohol.

To be fair 3 or 4 went down the sink apart from a sip to taste them. Getting the milk volume right was the problem there was froth all over every were. I think I have it sorted 100ml of milk heated fills the jug I. I have done drink number 10 tonight for the mrs and apart from 1 little spot of milk it was pretty much sorted. Gave up alcohol year's ago hardly ever bother now just wish I could stop the fags as easy