Using a lap top on your lap

gemini52

4 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

Im curious and also typing this on a laptop on my lap!

Apart from heat-what risks?

Done a bit of reseach and it says a lap top gives off radiation,which in turn can damage your dna if used direcly on your lap over a period of time,a friend of ours went to his doctor complaining of pain in his nether regions,thought he had prostrate problems,the doc asked him if he used a lap top direcly on his lap.it turned out he did,since using a tray his problems have got better.

4 minutes ago, gemini52 said:

Done a bit of reseach and it says a lap top gives off radiation,which in turn can damage your dna if used direcly on your lap over a period of time,a friend of ours went to his doctor complaining of pain in his nether regions,thought he had prostrate problems,the doc asked him if he used a lap top direcly on his lap.it turned out he did,since using a tray his problems have got better.

Your mate got better because of the tablets the doc gave him not the laptop on tray 

I think the biggest risk would be the looking down at it, neck problems.

I've said here before my Mrs is a chiropractor and in her world they reckon there's gonna be an epidemic of neck problems coming.

You only have to look around, almost everyone including young kids have their heads almost permanently tilted down looking at a screen of some sort.

As my Mrs says to me frequently HEAD UP!!! 😂

1 hour ago, gemini52 said:

Virtually all electronic devices give off radiation to some degree.  There are specified limits to which they are all tested/certified. CE mark in Europe, FCC compliance in the USA etc.

Unless the tray is conductive, or has a conductive coating, it will make no difference at all.  My laptop has a metal base, so is unlikely to radiate much through the base anyway.

Like others, I would suggest the biggest risk is postural/orthopaedic/muscular or eyesight.

Last laptop was on my lap every evening for a few hours ,it lasted 6 years, the new one is a year in, my legs have not fallen off, nor has any other part of my anatomy. and my posture is normally fine ,but i do have a torn muscle in my neck,that was caused by falling down a bank and through a hedge though🤣