Wicked week...

shootgun

Cancelling my holiday due to unexpected building works on the property turned to work out nicely for me.

My better half went alone while i got stuck home to oversee the fitting of the new kitchen , so the perfect oportunity to let the builders do they work and get out every day.

Monday evening went fishing on my favourite river in Surrey, nothing spectaular to start with, just a few jacks, but landed a beautiful 3,6lbs perch at last light

P9SP1f1.jpg

201JE4t.jpg

Tuesday morning at 5am i was on my favourite stalking spot on my West Sussex permission, and couple of hours later picked up this beauty, out of a group of 3 larger bucks .

CSFJr63.jpg

Wednesday went to check out my pigeon permission in Kent, arrived before lunch time and shot untill 4pm, picked up 47 pigeons.

OavHvzF.jpg

By the time i arrived home Wednesday afternoon, the builders took delivery of my new thermal spotter, so couldn't help myself and Thursday morning found me again in West Sussex , eager to give it a go. Turned out to be a game changer, picked up a pricket in the dark, fortunately it was still there 30 minutes later when i could see him clearly through the scope.

ascqC8x.jpg

Friday i got an invitation from a friend to shoot over a quarry with loads of ponds , meet up with him and few others at 5:30 , had a chat and a good laugh , cracking bunch of guys, and split ourselfs in small groups to cover most of the ground.

Ended the evening with a brace of geese, one greylag and one egyptian... too dark for pictures on site, they are hanging in my cellar...

YFePpLw.jpg

44 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Sounds like you had a good week!

Better than i thought mate

41 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Great week what about the kitchen???

I want another one ...

21 minutes ago, motty said:

What a great week!

It was indeed mate

14 minutes ago, Rob525 said:

Living the dream there!