Sign in to follow this  
Simonmealing001

Camo ?

I  normally shoot clays and driven pheasant / duck but would like to start shooting pigeon 

so my question is do you all use Camo 

if so does it matter which  you use ? Mtp  or dpm 

thanks 

If you have a good hide and cant be seen you can wear your best suit. Its all about movement. In the summer my lad shoots in shorts and no top.

37 minutes ago, motty said:

Camouflage attire is certainly not essential when pigeon shooting, especially from a hide.

This. A cap helps hide your forehead though and keep the sun out of your eyes. 

Movement is what they notice more than anything. 

Edited by GingerCat

On 30/09/2018 at 19:14, Simonmealing001 said:

I  normally shoot clays and driven pheasant / duck but would like to start shooting pigeon 

so my question is do you all use Camo 

if so does it matter which  you use ? Mtp  or dpm 

thanks 

Do we all use camo ? , no we don't , have a look at the clothing P C ( Pigeon Controller ) wear , dark  Green shirt and trousers , 

I used to wear dirt cheap German shirts and cargo trousers from the army surplus stores , strong as a ox and last for ever , well maybe not ever but a long , long time .

Now I have gone up market and wear any clothing I would wear on a shooting , beating or any day I am out with my gun 

If you feel more concealed wearing camo then wear it but its not really necessary .

I very rarely use camouflage gear and normally wear neutral colour jackets and sweaters . I have a couple of camouflage water proof jackets that I used to use for fowling .

There was an article once where a guy made a hide using Orange netting that's used on  roadworks etc. The pigeons still came into his decoys. As mentioned, movement is what spooks them.