410 single barrel shotgun project/ barrel only

rovercoupe

AFAIK, Section 2 shotgun barrels WERE once itemized on SGC, but that ended a while ago.

Had several discussions with Police Scotland about this, as mates in England had no barrels listed on certificate. They were adamant that barrels had to be listed, then one day, Police Scotland email updates to certificate holders to say they've read the rules and anyone with S2 barrels listed on SGC would have them taken off at next print run....

I've been regularly buying & selling S2 barrels with no paperwork for some time: same rules apply as per Sound Moderators, etc. which ARE controlled parts if fitted to an FAC gun, but uncontrolled if for an airgun or Section 2 gun.

Basically i have been after a stevens four tenner bore reducer and they just dont seem to come up for sale and when they do I could just buy another gun for the price of them! 

So the thinking was to get a old barrel and put a outer sleeve on it to fit the 12 bore and modify the extractor to work with the main guns one, I can make a whole reducer from scratch but a barrel would save alot of work. 

9 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

Basically i have been after a stevens four tenner bore reducer and they just dont seem to come up for sale and when they do I could just buy another gun for the price of them! 

So the thinking was to get a old barrel and put a outer sleeve on it to fit the 12 bore and modify the extractor to work with the main guns one, I can make a whole reducer from scratch but a barrel would save alot of work. 

There is one listed on E/Bay £9.99 & no bids, might hit lucky.

I am not sure about the law regarding .410 adaptors but a lot of RFD's are now taking them to be Section 1 and will only sell them on FAC or RFD.

If you make one it should be fine as a piece of pipe but if you use it and it is Section 1 you could be opening a 'can of worms' also if you sell or give it away I think  it will need to be proofed.

Probably best to ask your Firearms Licensing Manager and/or the BASC.

Only my thoughts but worth checking.

Tony.

12 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

I’ve a barrelled action for a Webley and Scott bolt action you can have but it’s on SGC 

That would be perfect if it was not so far away and am yet to work out if I can scrap a action without barrels bu am working on it.

current guidelines state that as long as its smoothbore its off cert and no need to proof.

I can knock up a standard short adapter but want to go all out and have at least 9" and ejector function just because i like to make it hard for myself!

On 03/10/2018 at 23:35, strimmer_13 said:

If you make a few, offer them up for sale. I'd certainly be interested 

Well I won it, if you want to make a pattern of it to help your project, give us a pm and I'll send it to you to borrow if you've had no luck sourcing a barrel

Edited by strimmer_13