"Pigeonwatch" story

ditchman

several years ago my life changed ..from being a well known consultant engineer (in my field) to a cross between a mental nurse...cook ...skivvy...washer woman etc due to personal circumstances......

i have always been an intinerant fiddler making and mending stuff from an early age ...and over the years taken coarses in welding ...smithing and god knows what else............my family refer to me as "mr fixit"....and i spend a lot of my time making and mending stuff for my mates and local people....like welding up charlies favourite spade...or making a set of hedge shears work after 40 years...hot riverting a new blade on a treasured hoe...........you get the idea......and all i ask for is a smile a laugh and 1/2oz of tobacco

i enjoy doing this sort of stuff as it takes me away from my other life..............................................

but today the boot is on the other foot.............................let me explain.......

couple of months ago there were 2 threads running....one by Bala and on by MelB3.....bala was showing his saxon knife he made decades ago and MelB3 was was going on about some nice bits of wood he had ...and was asking what he should do with them........

and ...(if i remember correctly) i posted back he ought to make a nice chopping board       i have a small herb garden and due to my change in diet ...i dont eat any processed food anymore and i buy all my meat from the local butcher...and i prepare my meat in the morning...and with pork i chine it and rub sea salt and chopped herbs into the meat and leave it out of the fridge (covered) until its ready to go in the oven...........................

so....coming back to reality.................a week or so ago i was PM'd by Melb3............"give us your address...im going to send you something)...so i obliged duly................and i recieved this at 9 o'clock this morning..............

this is the first time i have had something made for me.....im always doing stuff for other folk

Mel .....im truly touched.............this now sits permant like...next to the bread bin...so i now have my dedicated saxon knives which i adore and a beautiful chopping board

what a nice thing to do...................

herb board 001tn_.JPG

herb board 002tn_.JPG

herb board 003tn_.JPG

A pleasure to read so well written a post Ditchy and it must take you ages to get you other posts in your usual styl boi.

I have met and exchanged pm with some of the nicest people you could wish for on this forum from all walks of life.

Out of interest what area of Engineering where you in ?

The very best.

I have been fortunate to meet a few people off here, trade with a few shoot with a few and get help from a few. Without doubt this is a great peoples forum. Even if we disagree about so many things when we are posting still some of the nicest people about. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

A pleasure to read so well written a post Ditchy and it must take you ages to get you other posts in your usual styl boi.

I have met and exchanged pm with some of the nicest people you could wish for on this forum from all walks of life.

Out of interest what area of Engineering where you in ?

Civils seconded to HMG..via Roughton & Ptns (23 old Bond street)........then latterly Parkman. Mouchels...British gas remediation  .(project Atlantas)

its always nice to be able to pay forward some of the pw favours that have been extended to me , ive been sent , knives , scopes , guns , trees , pictures of fat sarah ,  and given help and advice amongst dozens of other things over the years. 

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

its always nice to be able to pay forward some of the pw favours that have been extended to me , ive been sent , knives , scopes , guns , trees , pictures of fat sarah ,  and given help and advice amongst dozens of other things over the years. 

I recon the picture of Sarah must be your prized possession , only the privileged few have one of the secretive Sarah.

Joking aside , I have had help of all sorts whenever I have asked for help on various subjects , and the few members I have taken Pigeon and duck shooting have been a pleasure to take out .  

10 minutes ago, Harnser said:

That’s a loverly story simon ,brought a tear to my eye .  There really are some diamond geezers on this forum well done Mel b . For those who have not met ditchy he really is a good ol boi .

Harnser

Did I see you in Eaton Park the other day

5943E557-82CB-4220-9BA2-95BD921CC946.jpeg