How Do They Know?

wymberley

At the end of last season I decided to knock the game shooting on the head. I don't pay for it as it's my reward for doing the farm vermin control and it's all walked up wild pheasant. But my old body is no longer up to it with various old injuries playing up. Consequently, I said to the farmer whose friend has a small syndicate nearby which is not too productive, as you're already paying for the rights (tenant), why not see if your friend wants to pack it in where they are and come over here provided they agree not to interfere with me doing the vermin. Good plan gratefully accepted. For the past few weeks I've been on the farm every day helping out and there seems to be pheasant everywhere. Beginning to think my decision was a tad premature!. I think the weather and the fact that we got the fox numbers right down helped. Taunton trip this morning so got up there after lunch. Not a bird to be seen except one hen adjusting her position deep in a hedgerow. Just how do they know that there's not a 31st of September?