Bit of a let down today

ditchman

well ..........not so good...couldnt even be bothered to take some pics........

i have been watching 3 adjacent fields for the last 10 days .......gradually build up with more and more birds flightlighning ...and a steady feed of birds all day..........so 2 days ago i arranged for me and my mate to shoot an "all dayer"......which we did today......

total rubbish.........11 birds between us ........3 adult woodies and the rest mostly ferals and scwabs..............i was frustrated and missed 2 really close up ones...then drop the next one at 53 bloody yds stone dead............bah............

still it was a lovely day and we had a good mardle and watched the dark clouds slip across a bright blue sky ..pushed along by a warm wind.........

moral of the story...............if you have a steady stream of birds after 2 days ..........bloody shoot it...dont get greedy and wait for more..:lol:

As has been said, it's not about the numbers, it's just being able to get out there.

Little and often in my book seems to be preferable as returning with 11 after say 2 or 3 hours makes it worthwhile and a good day. We don't all have the stamina and perseverance of the likes of PC who has long days out and returns with large bags.

Also as been said, strike while the iron is hot.

I bet you had good banter during your session.

OB

40 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

As has been said, it's not about the numbers, it's just being able to get out there.

Little and often in my book seems to be preferable as returning with 11 after say 2 or 3 hours makes it worthwhile and a good day. We don't all have the stamina and perseverance of the likes of PC who has long days out and returns with large bags.

Also as been said, strike while the iron is hot.

I bet you had good banter during your session.

OB

you are quite right in what you say...but as motty points out it is frustrating............

i have "called" it right the last 3 times and we have had a good day (40-50 birds).......i have been up to the area that i had been watching a couple of times ...and it is now totally devoid of birds..........they have moved on.......

the acorns have still yet to completely drop...so coupled with a good frost to split em open...we shall be on a gooden..........

the up swing was it was a truly gorgeous day...these autumn days dont come very often and it was nice to take advantage of it and be out there.........