1200kg

It will be magnum proofed and providing the bores are in good condition and chokes are at half then you should be fine with steel shot. I had a old aya number 3 years ago with slight pitting in the barrels and shot hundreds of gamebore 3inch steel through it with no issues at all. I think and I could be wrong but the 1200kg is the equivalent to 1200 bar of pressure. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone with more knowledgeable can correct me

42 minutes ago, Smiler23 said:

what loads are actually safe to put through this? I intend on using steel with it, any help/advice much appreciated thanks

Have a look at the pinned thread "Steel Shot - What you need to know" in the Wildfowling section. There are pages & pages on the subject.

1 hour ago, Smiler23 said:

Evening fellas, Iv just bought an aya sxs, 3" magnum with 1200kg stamped on it.. Iv looked in the search bar at this but still unclear, what loads are actually safe to put through this? I intend on using steel with it, any help/advice much appreciated thanks

1200kg is 1176.798 Bar.

I personally use a AYA no3 Mag and don't hesitate to shoot 3" 36grm Steel shot B-2-1-3 or 4's Homeloads or 3" Gamebore 36grm Steel along with various 2-3/4" Steel load's .

Enjoy the gun and good luck with your shooting

14 hours ago, Smiler23 said:

Chokes are 3/4 and 3/4 and will be staying that way.. It's mainly goin to be my duck gun, so super steels no3&4. But Iv a fair few home loads hanging about that I wouldn't mind putting through it too

I wouldn't put any high performance loads through it then I would think your ok with standard 70mm steel like the super steel you mentioned but no bigger shot then 4s I wouldn't be putting any steel homeloads through it though unless your 100% sure the loads aren't high performance 

5 minutes ago, hatsanmad said:

I wouldn't put any high performance loads through it then I would think your ok with standard 70mm steel like the super steel you mentioned but no bigger shot then 4s I wouldn't be putting any steel homeloads through it though unless your 100% sure the loads aren't high performance 

I have the opposite view. I would put BB through it.

3 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

i would load upto 740 bar MAP.

no other reason, other than the fact its not 1370bar proof, 

I should agree with that. 1100 bar means that although your chamber is 3" you should only shot up to 1050 bar.

That said I'm not very knowledgeable on steel but trust cook's judgment.

As for the pellets size, each to their own i suppose, however on duck hunting chat (US forum) there was a recent post of someone scoring their barrell after a sesh on clay with steel(don't remember the details).

Cheers

Guest cookoff013

the way that proofing works 

standard proof - 740bar map cartridges,  minimum proofing should be 930bar (the pressures the gun is tested with), with a maximum statistical pressure of 850bar (thats the s2n, a calculation from a sample set of test shells.).

that proofing seems to be slightly higher than standard proof, but nowhere near HP.

i`m avoiding the shot size chat.

6 hours ago, hatsanmad said:

At the minute I use a little 2 3/4 aya, 900kg.I put super steel #3 through that , choked half and full, no problems whatsoever... The choke issue on this gun isn't a problem. On the side of super steel box, it says must be used in guns proofed 1370 ( I think)