Petitions....

ShootingEgg

As we have seen the nrw petition set up recently, ive seen that it is only up to just over 5000 signatures, and basc have roughly, 150,000 members, and c alliance / gwct probably have a fair few, does this show the arrogance of people in our sport? 

When on the flip side a petition set up to stop the badger cull is coming close to 300,000 signatures. 

Does this show that people in England Scotland and possibly over in N.Ireland and Ireland might be taking the attitude of "its not our country so we're okay to carry on" and turning a blind eye to the potential knock on effect this could have across the whole of the UK and Ireland? 

8 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

As we have seen the nrw petition set up recently, ive seen that it is only up to just over 5000 signatures, and basc have roughly, 150,000 members, and c alliance / gwct probably have a fair few, does this show the arrogance of people in our sport? 

When on the flip side a petition set up to stop the badger cull is coming close to 300,000 signatures. 

Does this show that people in England Scotland and possibly over in N.Ireland and Ireland might be taking the attitude of "its not our country so we're okay to carry on" and turning a blind eye to the potential knock on effect this could have across the whole of the UK and Ireland? 

No, I doubt it’s arrogance for the most part, more likely apathy. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Well obviously it doesn't apply to those who respond. I've told most of my shooting mates, not one of them will respond. 

Why will they not? This is where we let ourselves down. We dont fight our corner then complain when legislation is tightened or new rules bought in to suffocate the sport. 

23 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Why will they not? This is where we let ourselves down. We dont fight our corner then complain when legislation is tightened or new rules bought in to suffocate the sport. 

Because they can't be bothered.

You're right, they will complain when legislation is tightened, and I'll say 'I told you so' , and then they'll say 'well what difference would it make?' and I'll reply, 'well, we'll never know now will we?' Some will say 'that's what I pay my organisation for.' Some aren't very articulate when it comes to writing letters or emails, and others just want to be left to get on with their lives without the hassle of all the politics which shooting is now involved, which is fair enough. Most would turn out if there was a vote, because that is what they're conditioned to, but they wont email or click on a button to sign a petition. 

55 minutes ago, Scully said:

Because they can't be bothered.

You're right, they will complain when legislation is tightened, and I'll say 'I told you so' , and then they'll say 'well what difference would it make?' and I'll reply, 'well, we'll never know now will we?' Some will say 'that's what I pay my organisation for.' Some aren't very articulate when it comes to writing letters or emails, and others just want to be left to get on with their lives without the hassle of all the politics which shooting is now involved, which is fair enough. Most would turn out if there was a vote, because that is what they're conditioned to, but they wont email or click on a button to sign a petition. 

Unfortunately all you say there is true, people think that someone else will do it. Or the organisations are paid to do it. Basc can only lobby they have no real weight when it comes to these things, one reason why they say to us the shooting community to send the emaila that they have pre written, if only 5,000 do then why would the NRW change there mind, ots not enough, if 150,00 basc members do then it has some weight..