Could Had Been Painful

marsh man

Over the years I have come across all sorts of minor , and not so minor accidents on shooting days and last Saturday I added a new one to the list.

Last Saturday was our first full day on Partridges , weather wise , it was a lovely day to be out shooting , if anything it was to nice with a clear day and bright sunshine , still, better to have a warm dry day than a cold wet one .

Anyhow the day was going well with some good birds and the guns all seemed happy with the days event , the first drive after dinner I went to pick up for two guns who were dogless , one of the guns who carry a bit more weight than normal was sitting on his shooting stick one minute and the next time I looked he was laying flat out on the stubble , I rushed over to his assistance thinking he might had had a heart attack , when I got there he was laughing aloud and didn't seem in any pain , 

What had happened was he was sitting on his stick and when he lent back the stem of the stick bent in two and he fell off , looking at his shooting stick he could have had a nasty shock if half of the broken stick had gone up his backside .

• I think the moral of this story is to make sure your shooting stick is strong enough for your weight, and to sit upright. :lol:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

What had happened was he was sitting on his stick and when he lent back the stem of the stick bent in two and he fell off , looking at his shooting stick he could have had a nasty shock if half of the broken stick had gone up his backside .

• I think the moral of this story is to make sure your shooting stick is strong enough for your weight, and to sit upright. :lol:

I clenched everything when I read that...….. could have been very nasty. 😣