Acorns needed

steve_b_wales

If anyone has any Acorns on their permissions etc, and would be happy to collect some and send them to me, I would be happy to pay the postage.

I need them to continue my 'hobby' of growing them, and also Horse Chestnut to replant when ready. To date, I have grown and handed out to others to plant approx 900 Oak & H.Chestnut sapings, during the past 14 years.

I will have a look at the weekend, know we have one in the grounds at work, do I need to wait for them to be fallen as pigeons would account for several, how long can I keep them b4 posting, as could possible let them mount up if any about.

Wish I had known earlier this year. I moved into an unkemp garden that had literally dozens of 'baby' oak trees growing up through the grass and around the border.  Could not give them away so they were all mowed over.

I still have quite a few in the borders that are 10 - 30 cm tall, and a few others as well.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

If anyone has any Acorns on their permissions etc, and would be happy to collect some and send them to me, I would be happy to pay the postage.

I need them to continue my 'hobby' of growing them, and also Horse Chestnut to replant when ready. To date, I have grown and handed out to others to plant approx 900 Oak & H.Chestnut sapings, during the past 14 years.

it just so happens that i already collected a few for you on saturday , theyll be in the post tomorrow steve. not many this year though mate.

15 hours ago, Teal said:

Also happy to help Steve if you need any more. How many acorns are you after?

I'm looking to replant around 100 if possible, so if you could send me a few, as other's have offered, that would be great.

Thank You.

12 hours ago, mirokoman said:

I suspect we don't live a million miles apart , there's loads where I walk the dogs . I'll start picking them up for you 👍

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

14 hours ago, mel b3 said:

it just so happens that i already collected a few for you on saturday , theyll be in the post tomorrow steve. not many this year though mate.

Thank you Mel. Much appreciated.

12 hours ago, B725 said:

How many do you want 

I'm looking to plant 100 if possible, and would be grateful for any amount/s that are sent.

14 hours ago, B391 said:

Wish I had known earlier this year. I moved into an unkemp garden that had literally dozens of 'baby' oak trees growing up through the grass and around the border.  Could not give them away so they were all mowed over.

I still have quite a few in the borders that are 10 - 30 cm tall, and a few others as well.

That's a shame, as I grow them on for approx one year, then give them out to whoever wants them.

Hi Steve 

I will go out this weekend and collect you some it's according to the woodland Trust better to plant them from a mixture of area's. I grow some myself each year and plant them in a area we now call ******* forest 

On 04/10/2018 at 12:25, B725 said:

Hi Steve 

I will go out this weekend and collect you some it's according to the woodland Trust better to plant them from a mixture of area's. I grow some myself each year and plant them in a area we now call ******* forest 

Many thanks. I'll PM you my address.

I could see if there are any Major Oak ones available if you like , there's a project that is run from time to time at the Sherwood forest visitor centre, I've heard a man from Dorset has planted a whole woods worth of them some years ago.

2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

That will be me.

Do you require Horse Chesnuts, have a good supply.

PS.

I'm not going to bother with Horse Chestnuts this year-thanks, as I've got approx 20 to hand out next spring.

Thanks for the Acorns.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a good supply of Acorns that are/will be planted soon

My thanks to all who have taken the time to collect and send them to me.

Steve.:good:

• 2 weeks later...