Key safe for Ammunition safe security

Sat Rat

Cheers Skully. ..😂😂 if it was just myself and my wife, I probably would. But I've got my Daughters and their respective partners still living at home!. So an extra bit of security and piece of mind while I'm offshore is what's needed.👍 

Edited by Sat Rat

1 hour ago, Sat Rat said:

Cheers Skully. ..😂😂 if it was just myself and my wife, I probably would. But I've got my Daughters and their respective partners still living at home!. So an extra bit of security and piece of mind while I'm offshore is what's needed.👍 

Fair enough, but I can’t help thinking that whenever someone mentions a key safe, it automatically becomes a focal point for all and sundry, like a flag waving ‘hi I’m in here!’ 

All the times I worked away leaving my partner and two kids behind, I just left them in my normal hiding place. If it preys on your mind perhaps it would be easier to take the cabinet keys offshore with you? 

On 04/10/2018 at 10:28, Sat Rat said:

Brain fade moment, yes Magnet onto the inside of Guns safe....teach me trying to pack and organise ķit for work. while fitting safe!. 😂 😰😰

Please don't put the keys for your ammunition safe inside your gun safe. If you do that you might as well store your ammo with your guns! 😂

On 05/10/2018 at 15:28, Bede said:

https://keysafe.co.uk/products/key-safes/c500-keysafe.html?ppc_keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-eLd-sDv3QIVlIbVCh1qzgqXEAYYASABEgIPnfD_BwE

I have this, bolted to a wall in a discreet location.  It's not hidden by any stretch, but it's not staring you in the face either.  Fits my Brattonsound keys in fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlCJA_A5lrM

May not be that safe.

On 04/10/2018 at 12:09, Scully said:

Fair enough, but I can’t help thinking that whenever someone mentions a key safe, it automatically becomes a focal point for all and sundry, like a flag waving ‘hi I’m in here!’ 

All the times I worked away leaving my partner and two kids behind, I just left them in my normal hiding place. If it preys on your mind perhaps it would be easier to take the cabinet keys offshore with you? 

I have a key safe next to my gun cupboard those keys fit my old safe. Hopefully someone will take a bit of extra time to get in the key safe for the wrong keys. 

7 hours ago, stuartc44 said:

Crikey!

I'll say one thing - You'd probably fare better with the police if you had your gun nicked because someone broke into your 'police approved' keysafe than if someone found your key in a **** hiding place.

Discression is key, I guess.  I won't be changing my facebook profile pic to one of me stood beside a letter displaying my full postal address whilst grinning down the barrel of my shotgun!

3 hours ago, Swinton said:

Put them on a metal key ring and then the magnet will hold them if the keys are brass 

Stop pinching my idea, i was going to patent that, now I've lost millions. 

Don't people have any imagination these days ???

I've just bought a toilet roll holder and thought I would ask the PW massive where do you think it should go in the house. 

Edited by Dougy

10 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Don't people have any imagination these days

I've just bought a toilet roll holder and thought I would ask the PW massive where do you think it should go in the house. 

Make sure you put it somewhere safe and within reach!:whistling:

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Don't people have any imagination these days

What length of paper roll are you using  ?  The length of paper could be instrumental in determining the location of the aforementioned holder  !

Key safes are dangerously fragile, unless you are going to put them somewhere already well hidden. One of our elderly neighbours was broken into by people forcing open the keysafe used by her carers.

My spare keys are buried a foot down in a relative's garden several miles away. I know where they are if I need to get them.