Finally scratched my itch.....

moor man

Well,Β  just had the good news,Β  I'm now the proud owner of a 12g/.308 combi gun with mounts. Can't wait to get my hands on itπŸ€—

It's a Finn classic, won at auction, bit of a gamble but im one happy bunny......

Just need some .308 dies and I'm away....πŸ‘

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Nice, get some pics up when you receive it.Β 

Will doπŸ‘

Β 

30 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Is this in case a big cat appears when your after ducks?

Ha ha!

No it's for mooching round my permission where roe and occasional red frequent. When I've bumped all the deer, the pigeons and squizzers can get some...😏

On 04/10/2018 at 21:59, moor man said:

Anyone remember the old 'singlepoint ' red dot scope? MmmmmπŸ€”

I agree about telescopic / shotgun comment, maybe a very low power scope or even ghost ring sights.

Haven't even got the gun yet.........πŸ˜‚

A Singlepoint will only be usable in daylight by now, as the the beta light source for low light conditions will have decayed beyond use by now. I bought one as a teenager, and it was great fun and tough as a tough thing, although not that precise - sold it to a collector a couple of years back, for twice what I paid, but the dot was very dim in anything other than bright sunlight.

Modern red dot sights are much better.

Very envious of your new acquisition - pictures, please!Β πŸ˜‚Β 

Couple of pics;Β 

Finn Classic 12/.308 + some of the reds caught on my trail cam.....

Captain beaky; yep scrap the single point idea,Β original open sights first off I think. See how I get on with them.

Would like to try a low powered compact tele sight on it if I can find one (1.5 - 4 X 30ish )

20181004_163133.jpg

20180930_212036.jpg

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Dibble said:

Β Is the selector on the safety catch?

A: yes, it's a very positive click. Just keep one barrel empty depending on what you're after.

Do you have to have a Shotgun certificate as well?

A: No. It's got 23"barrels, section 1, conditioned for slug/a.o.l.q.too.😎

I'm coterminous anyway but it's on my fac.

What' the comparative recoil like?

A: fine, not much difference with 28gm shells, gun weighs over 9lb so plenty there to absorb recoil.Β I don't notice it when hunting anyway, did think about replacing pad but it doesn't need it. You wouldnt want to shoot clays all day thoπŸ˜–

will you have to change your stance or mount between barrels?

A: No.

I've probably got a few more questions .......

Fire away...πŸ‘Œ

Β 

2 hours ago, theshootist said:

Brilliant! Such a useful gun.

I've always wanted a 16 bore/7x57 drilling, but it would be heavier than a double barrelΒ 

Yes, drilling, 3Β pipes

Combi gun, 2Β pipes

Kipplauf, 1 pipe (nice and light)

Found out that mine originally had various barrels supplied so may look out for shotgun barrels, you can also get a 12g barrel liner to convert to a .308 double rifle!😎

Need to research that.

Yes, I always found drillings combersome but the combination rifle shotgun is much better balanced in my view and very useful.Β  Some quality quick release mounts for a small, low mag scope would work, because you could , as you say have a mooch ofr a deer and then quickly remove the scope into your game bag and use the shotgun, just making sure of that 1st barrel.Β  12/308win is also a nice combination as there is nothing in this country a 308Win can't handle.Β  Enjoy.Β  I do have a long eye relief scope hanging around somewhere that you could have.

I'll dig it out.Β  It would certainly handle those reds out to 100yrds or more.

BushnellΒ Β  2 to 6 powerΒ Β Β  410 cartridge to give scale.

Never tried it with a log eye relief scope but would think at a push you could see and swing on a bird / squirrel looking past this scope.Β  Yours if you want to try it.

When I say long eye relief, I think this was a pistol scope originally....long time since it saw light of day.

001.JPG

Edited by Walker570

Looks very much like a Remington 3200 kreighoff style gun with the same action and lock up and free floating barrels.

If your not shooting moving targets a scope is fine.

For stalking in woods and moving shotgun qaurry open sight's I think are the way to go.

Have you punched paper to find it's poi ?

Β 

15 hours ago, figgy said:

Looks very much like a Remington 3200 kreighoff style gun with the same action and lock up and free floating barrels.

If your not shooting moving targets a scope is fine.

For stalking in woods and moving shotgun qaurry open sight's I think are the way to go.

Have you punched paper to find it's poi ?

Β 

Zero'd today, so good to goπŸ‘

Certainly seems strongly built with a kind of shrouded receiver, very confidence inspiring!Β 

I used the shotgun on clays in week using the scope on 1.5x and was hitting a few, had a 'hopeful' shot at a woodcock this am.

Just need to christen it properly,

"who dares wins rodeney!".......

Β 

Edited by moor man