Dog coughing and phlegm

getthegat

Last Friday my 18 month old Pointador, Sophie went for an x-ray to try and discover why she gets random limping to front left leg. The results were inconclusive, so we're not sure what to do. She had a massive reaction to the knock out injection she was given, coming home with large lumps on her head, under and around her eyes, on her back and red itchy patches on various other parts of her body. She was in a bit of a state most of the night, but anti histamine sorted her within a day or two. Now though she has a cough and has brought up flem a few times. It seems too long after the vets visit to be connected, though we did presume she had a tube down her throat whilst sedated. She's had a running nose and eyes at times and it sounds like there is liquid in her nasal passages occasionally. I will talk to the vets in the morning and may look for another surgery as the well known large association we took her to, have left us feeling a little underwhelmed.

To be honest it sounds like a bit of a chest/sinus infection etc. If it was you and you went to the doctor you would come back with a prescription for antibiotic and told to rest. Having lost my little mate Ollie a year ago I have a manic distrust of vets bordering on hate.

They fed my step daughter into a constant, and very expensive line of unnecessary tests and treatments when it was clear that his hips were beyond saving and he was in constant pain, she believed them and paid out thousands.   

That might be more likely, kennel cough mibee??

Thankfully been a while since my lot have had it (bizzarely never had it since i stopped getting them vaccinated for it??) as a test for KC u can rub ur finger somehow down there throat/voice box which will make them cough if KC (mibee better described better elsewhere on net, as i've sort of forgot how they done it now) bt if coughin up as much as that u really want to be getting ur dogs into a vet.

Thankfully i still come from an area where u occasionally come away from the vet thinking ' that was cheap' more so for bigger problems, and the vets are pretty good. Althou i do have less confidence in some of the younger vets and some modern practices are the oppisate of wot most older vets done (carstrating dog pups very young etc)

Went to the vets this morning and he reckons she has a throat infection. Doesn't know why or how she got it, but possibly from the short stay at the other vets last week or another reaction to the sedation drug that gave her such an allergic reaction. Anyway she is on antibiotics and is already better than yesterday. As for the x-ray elbow issue, today's vet says we should get a referral and it should be Fitzpatrick's. Checking our insurance first though. I don't want a problem in the future that could have been sorted now, to mean something far worst for her.