Thimbleby Shooting Ground

Alex1Nat2

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Oaklodge shooting round at Briertin Hartlepool have some driven on off a tower. Open Sunday, I will be going myself to practise with my auto for the wildfowl

Will be threre myself on Sunday too, I've heard good things about Thimbleby so will have a wonder there at some point, can you just go as a visitor?

Thanks for the info guys. My son & I did drop in but didn't shoot (peeing it down at the time)

Question for those who shoot there regularly.

The ground & layout looks immaculate with all stands & traps hidden under wooden enclosure etc.

Whilst this looks very professional, sometimes this means they very rarely change the layouts as they are restricted by were those enclosures are or can be put.

Example would be 'the Warren' - looks great but virtually impossible to mix things up regularly.

Looks like I will be dropping in once a month so hopefully they will swap things around each time we go. 

Steve & Alex

I have been lots over the years and sometimes they don't change for a long time and when they do get moaned at by some members as they like them as they were.

They have a good ground and can throw some great clays but its plagued by the sun in your eyes on a morning across most stands, you hope for clouds when your shooting.

The ground is getting better everytime i go and they always have a good sportrap layout.

It’s a great setting and a nice place to spend a Saturday morning, but.......

The layout rarely changes, a slight variation every six weeks if your lucky.

As Figgy has mentioned the morning sun, especially through the autumn and winter months can write off 50% of the stands.

The warren, rabbit targets, has obvious drainage problems as the slightest bit of rain and it’s closed.

Despite  this I still go weekly and the bacon butties are great!

Edited by Pumpkin