cartridge

Plenty of clay shoots are done over water with lead shot. So long as its not over a SSSI or foreshore etc, your fine and within the law. On a game day you can be shooting pheasant partridge over rivers and ponds but if a duck flies through you have to change to non toxic shot cartridges. That's the law for you. Scotland has got it right Wildfowl shot inland and not over water or where shot can fall on water can be shot with lead.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

hi mate yeah i have 10 cormorants and 10 gooesander put in for 2/3 more cormorants to be added just waiting to hear back they have definitely got worse ever yeah, licence runs from 1st September till 15th april we shoot our quote of cormorants by end of feb do then used starting pistols but not very effective hope this helps

dave

THANKS for that , This is all new to me , so what is the criteria when you shoot one ? , do N E rely on your honesty or is there a lot more to it than that . :good:   

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

THANKS for that , This is all new to me , so what is the criteria when you shoot one ? , do N E rely on your honesty or is there a lot more to it than that . :good:   

yeah they do rely on your honesty ever bird as to be logged date time and water there's also a form for all other bailiffs to fill in on sightings and number, befor they gave my licence you have to prove you have done everything to discourage lines on the water scarecrows starting pistol 

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

yeah they do rely on your honesty ever bird as to be logged date time and water there's also a form for all other bailiffs to fill in on sightings and number, befor they gave my licence you have to prove you have done everything to discourage lines on the water scarecrows starting pistol 

THANKS Dave.

36 minutes ago, figgy said:

I agree with you motty, there has been a huge rise in numbers of both. Lots more herons around too.

we don't see a lot of herons cormorants are a different matter there number are getting out of hand, the quote natural england give permission to shoot 2018/2019 won't make a difference, gooesander we noticed small increase up to 12 birds on a water at any one time there alot more skitish thank God starting pistol does the job some times

14 hours ago, davewh100 said:

we don't see a lot of herons cormorants are a different matter there number are getting out of hand, the quote natural england give permission to shoot 2018/2019 won't make a difference, gooesander we noticed small increase up to 12 birds on a water at any one time there alot more skitish thank God starting pistol does the job some times

We have got one or two fisheries near us , they can tolerate the odd Cormorants , Heron and a few diving duck , the biggest threat to there stock is the Otter , they are more protective than the royal family and extremely difficult to keep them off your fishing waters . it is now a known fact that there are Otters in every river in the U K that stock fish and numbers are on the increase .

43 minutes ago, marsh man said:

We have got one or two fisheries near us , they can tolerate the odd Cormorants , Heron and a few diving duck , the biggest threat to there stock is the Otter , they are more protective than the royal family and extremely difficult to keep them off your fishing waters . it is now a known fact that there are Otters in every river in the U K that stock fish and numbers are on the increase .

i was at a meeting in Nantwich with over 25 different clubs attending there was a chap doing a talk on otters apparently you can get a grant to help move or fencing to keep them out mite of been from the angling trust was very interesting tho, been to three of them now talkes on poaching , cormorants gooesander, otters and how to apply for grants

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:37, davewh100 said:

hi mate yeah i have 10 cormorants and 10 gooesander put in for 2/3 more cormorants to be added just waiting to hear back they have definitely got worse ever yeah, licence runs from 1st September till 15th april we shoot our quote of cormorants by end of feb so then used starting pistols but not very effective hope this helps

dave

If you only have 20 to shoot, why not get two boxes of Eley Bismuth? They are better then steel and cheaper for the club than 250 of steel.

9 hours ago, AYA117 said:

If you only have 20 to shoot, why not get two boxes of Eley Bismuth? They are better then steel and cheaper for the club than 250 of steel.

yeah that's what i got but 3 box's, had i private message saying the same as you thanks for the info AYA117