cartridge

Use non toxic cartridges or you will be breaking the law. Gamebore silver steel are the load you have mentioned. They are 3" cartridges but we use them for inland duck and geese and the are good cartridges. With the benifit of being fibre wadded so no plastic waste

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

Use non toxic cartridges or you will be breaking the law. Gamebore silver steel are the load you have mentioned. They are 3" cartridges but we use them for inland duck and geese and the are good cartridges. With the benifit of being fibre wadded so no plastic waste

are these the ones from just cartridges for £126 a slab

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

must admit I'm not really up on wildfowling but wen i call natural england tomorrow and told that I do need none toxic I'm going to be well miffed of nothing on my licence to state other wise just shotgun and shot size

What is it you are finding so hard to understand. I've personally done my best to explain the Law i even if you read my post explained what a licence allows you to do. For years I've had licenses .

I'll repeat myself for the last time.

You shooting Waterfowl/Wildfowl with lead shot from a Shotgun are breaking the Law  in England 100% Fact unless in Scotland where again i pointed out the Law is slightly different.

Edited by 6.5x55SE

1 minute ago, 6.5x55SE said:

What is it you are finding so hard to understand. I've personally done my best to explain the Law i even if you read my post explained what a licence allows you to do. For years I've had licenses .

I'll repeat myself for the last time.

You shooting Waterfowl/Wildfowl with lead shot from a Shotgun are breaking the Law 100% Fact unless in Scotland where again i pointed out the Law. 

why don't you wind your neck in I'm telling you it does say on my LICENCE about none toxic can you explain that 

1 minute ago, Stimo22 said:

Yes that's the ones, we have to use the fibre wadded ones because the land owner does not want plastic wads about

thanks stimo22 will order some tomorrow

Just now, davewh100 said:

thanks stimo22 will order some tomorrow

the angling club pays for all cartridges so no problem

5 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

why don't you wind your neck in I'm telling you it does say on my LICENCE about none toxic can you explain that 

Wind my neck. Really I've explained time and time again MY License's also DON'T say Non Toxic shot but unlike your self i know the Law regarding shooting Waterfowl/Wildfowl having done it for 40+yrs. I look forward to a Pubic apologize 

11 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Wind my neck. Really I've explained time and time again MY License's also DON'T say Non Toxic shot but unlike your self i know the Law regarding shooting Waterfowl/Wildfowl having done it for 40+yrs. I look forward to a Pubic apologize 

you will be waiting a long time, unlike you I'm not an experienced wildflower never done any befor untill two years ago for the angling club so please forgive me Mr perfect for not being up to your standard

26 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

you will be waiting a long time, unlike you I'm not an experienced wildflower never done any befor untill two years ago for the angling club so please forgive me Mr perfect for not being up to your standard

No surprise in your obnoxious reply. 

Have a look and try to understand the part ringed in Red also I'm sure you can see it's my up-to-date Licence which ( no you can't see this or other personal information ) which last till 31st March 2019. For the record I'm far from Perfect indeed nor is anyone all I've done is TRY to no avail to put you the right side of the Law .

97201818117.jpg

2 hours ago, davewh100 said:

must admit I'm not really up on wildfowling but wen i call natural england tomorrow and told that I do need none toxic I'm going to be well miffed of nothing on my licence to state other wise just shotgun and shot size

A lot of our marsh land come under the SSSI rules ( Yare , Broads and Marshes ) so all shooting over SSSI land have to abide by the rules regarding non toxic shot , anyone shooting wildfowl know the rules , or shall I say should know , but it also apply to pigeon and game shooters , not just the shooting season but all the year round .

BASC...

Restrictions on lead shot

Since Westminster signed the African-Eurasian Waterbird Agreement (AEWA) (November 1999) it is binding throughout the UK, but its implementation is a matter for the devolved governments. In England the lead shot regulations ban the use of lead shot over all foreshore, over specified SSSIs, and for the shooting of all ducks and geese, coot and moorhen – wherever they occur. The Welsh Assembly introduced similar regulations in September 2002. Scotland’s regulations came into force at the end of March 2005 and Northern Ireland came into force in September 2009.

England

In England the lead shot regulations ban the use of lead shot over all foreshore, over specified SSSIs, and for the shooting of all ducks and geese, coot and moorhen, wherever they occur.

Source.
https://basc.org.uk/lead/

Edited by Snoozer

Thank you Snoozer and the sentence i ringed in Red  clearly states " This Licence conveys no authority for actions prohibited by any other legislation " meaning the Licence does NOT over ride the act's you have kindly posted 👍

Edited by 6.5x55SE

Guest cookoff013

Also, thanks again.

The legislation is clear. I would also avoid discharging lead loads over water, to just move birds on, which is entirely different from Shooting wildfowl.

The way the law is interpreted is a funny one really.

How can anyone reasonably set up a clay shoot over a pond / lake where it is frequented by waterfowl, shoot tons of lead, and say its legal because no **** dave been shot.

The law is to stop lead being discharged in the wildfowls direct environment, where wildfowl are!

1 minute ago, Snoozer said:

Well come on then put your Big Boy Pants on and let us know please Dave..

yeah no probs I'm big enough to tell you the findings, ever one is right which I'm not disputing all i was trying to get across it didn't mention on my licence I'm not a big wildflower so if it makes everyone happy it's all my fault for asking silly question

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

yeah no probs I'm big enough to tell you the findings, ever one is right which I'm not disputing all i was trying to get across it didn't mention on my licence I'm not a big wildflower so if it makes everyone happy it's all my fault for asking silly question

It wasn't by any stretch a silly question Dave :good:

Nearly posted on the topic earlier, but decided to hold fire. Good to get these things cleared up, and not descend into a flame war. It's certainly an unusual one with those two species. Certainly they can both be very damaging, so good to see licences being issued where required.

15 minutes ago, Teal said:

Nearly posted on the topic earlier, but decided to hold fire. Good to get these things cleared up, and not descend into a flame war. It's certainly an unusual one with those two species. Certainly they can both be very damaging, so good to see licences being issued where required.

Na we're all Grown Up's..........Honest :whistling:

17 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

yeah we are, just get a bit hot headed some times i blame the job i used to do

Now we have the shot problem sorted out with no loss of blood to fellow members 😊 , can you tell me how many of the two species you were allowed to cull on the licence from N E .

This is the first time I have heard about Goosander's being culled as round our way they are a bit of a rarity and we don't see that many , that's not to say they are not a problem in waters that are stocked with fish .

Cormorants are a different kettle of fish , we have a large lake on the estate that is a roosting place for 100's of Cormorants , the tree they roost in look like they have been Whitewashed and the smaller fish take a lot of stick , the estate did apply for a licence to trim a few out and after loads of paper work they did get the go ahead , but as far as I know the numbers they agreed to were that low it wasn't worth all the trouble in applying in the first place . 

26 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Now we have the shot problem sorted out with no loss of blood to fellow members 😊 , can you tell me how many of the two species you were allowed to cull on the licence from N E .

This is the first time I have heard about Goosander's being culled as round our way they are a bit of a rarity and we don't see that many , that's not to say they are not a problem in waters that are stocked with fish .

Cormorants are a different kettle of fish , we have a large lake on the estate that is a roosting place for 100's of Cormorants , the tree they roost in look like they have been Whitewashed and the smaller fish take a lot of stick , the estate did apply for a licence to trim a few out and after loads of paper work they did get the go ahead , but as far as I know the numbers they agreed to were that low it wasn't worth all the trouble in applying in the first place . 

hi mate yeah i have 10 cormorants and 10 gooesander put in for 2/3 more cormorants to be added just waiting to hear back they have definitely got worse ever yeah, licence runs from 1st September till 15th april we shoot our quote of cormorants by end of feb so then used starting pistols but not very effective hope this helps

dave

Edited by davewh100

8 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

hi mate yeah i have 10 cormorants and 10 gooesander put in for 2/3 more cormorants to be added just waiting to hear back they have definitely got worse ever yeah, licence runs from 1st September till 15th april we shoot our quote of cormorants by end of feb do then used starting pistols but not very effective hope this helps

dave

the angling club I'm bailiff of as 7 ponds and I do believe the number of birds depends on how mutch water you have,  wow that's a lot of cormorants watched a video of a cormorants roost and they were useing lazer pens was very effective

Edited by davewh100