Shotgun Beads

Blacknsilver

5 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’ve head those fibre optics tube ones are useful because if not mounted correctly would won’t be able to see down the bead properly, so at least you’d know if mounting consistently or not. 

Fitted a fibre optic on my daughters  and it is very helpful in getting her gun mount correct. As a left hander and despite the cast on she had a habit of not getting the gun in her shoulder correctly. Fibre optic resolved this

7 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Fitted a fibre optic on my daughters  and it is very helpful in getting her gun mount correct. As a left hander and despite the cast on she had a habit of not getting the gun in her shoulder correctly. Fibre optic resolved this

Which one did you use Dave? 

Your not looking at the barrel though are you .? Which is 2 ft from your eye .Your looking at a red dot or ring for the one i use. Which is superimposed at range on the target. 

Why do you think armed forces and practical shot gun disiplines use them ? 

Because they dont work ?? 

When you use a red dot /ring your attention is always on the quarry .and not on the dot .

Careful of superglue, it's not heat-safe, so migth just melt away if you heat the barrels at some point.

On my SxS I resolved the loose bead by a microscopic piece of PTFE tape, and some Loctite (the stronger 'stick' one)... I don't think it'll move again. 

On 05/10/2018 at 19:58, Ultrastu said:

Take it off .and forget there was ever one there .

You shouldn't be looking at the barrel when pointing a gun at quarry. 

exactly right:good:got a guy at our clay club with the most ridiculous bead at our club. to be fair it would look good on my sons nerf gun:lol:

Edited by bumpy22

On 06/10/2018 at 22:04, figgy said:

If you use a brass or solve pip bead it’s always the right way round. 

Easy hit are good if you struggle and need to check your mount eye rib alignment. 

When looking down the gun should you be able to see any of the rib at all or solely the dot/bead? 

On 06/10/2018 at 15:52, Ultrastu said:

Your not looking at the barrel though are you .? Which is 2 ft from your eye .Your looking at a red dot or ring for the one i use. Which is superimposed at range on the target. 

Why do you think armed forces and practical shot gun disiplines use them ? 

Because they dont work ?? 

When you use a red dot /ring your attention is always on the quarry .and not on the dot .

I don't get this. Surely this only applies if the target is static? How does a red dot/ring help with lead ( leed ) if it is 'superimposed at range on the target'? If you aim at the target at range with a shotgun, you will miss. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I don't get this. Surely this only applies if the target is static? How does a red dot/ring help with lead ( leed ) if it is 'superimposed at range on the target'? If you aim at the target at range with a shotgun, you will miss. 

Sorry scully i dont get what your trying to say ? 

But think of it like this, when you are at one with your beaded shotgun you dont look at the end of the barrel you instinctively swing the barrel to where it needs to be and fire. Either giving lead or straight on .

Its exactly the same with the red dot /ring .you see the bird and swing the dot infront of the bird or straight on with a static target. Its just the red dot isnt susceptible to poor head positioning  its always correct when its been initially zeroed to your desired distance (30 yds for me ) 

I don’t understand how a red dot/ring can help with lead; for instance a red dot won’t show up against sky ( as would be the case if the muzzles were ahead of the target in lead ) and a ring I think, would be substantially more than merely something in my peripheral vision as my muzzles are when wing shooting. I can understand it’s value on static targets but not moving ones.