Shotgun Beads

Blacknsilver

Fair enough, but I still don’t get how you’re concentrating on the target if you’re looking for that red dot. It seems to me like the deliberate act of aiming a rifle rather than simply pointing a shotgun like you would point your finger.

If it works for you then fine, but if that’s how you do it I can’t help but think you’re missing out on the art of shotgunning, as in the shotgun simply being an extension of your finger. 

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

You can see it against the sky (though tricky into the sun ).

Variable brightness .

Just swing the ring infront of the bird and fire. Its simple . And easier than worrying about correct cheek weld 

IMG_20170908_121233.jpg

Driverless cars! What next? Shooterless guns! 🤔

34 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Military have had those for years. 

People put scopes on rifles  to improve long range accuracy .

Night vision .range finders .thermal .

Etc etc .i dont think putting  a red dot on a shotty is the dawn of the end of shooting  🤣

I agree, but by making things too easy, it becomes less of a challenge, and gets boring! 😒 Surely shooting for sport is about developing skill? If technology made it so I hit everything I shot at......I personally would pack it in!

But could it be argued that if you knew, Your kill rate was say 50 % at best and you wound your quarry with a couple of pellets that your not doing all you can to prevent suffering ? 

And by making it more "sporting " you open your self up to criticism? 

Just playing devils  advocate .

A rifle shooter taking long range shots with open sights in the vage hope of hitting (let alone killing ) would be thought of as cruel  !

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Military have had those for years. 

People put scopes on rifles  to improve long range accuracy .

Night vision .range finders .thermal .

Etc etc .i dont think putting  a red dot on a shotty is the dawn of the end of shooting  🤣

Neither do I, but the uses you've mentioned above are against static, or more accurately perhaps, none flying objects, and negates the necessity ( with a red dot ) to even mount the shotgun. I don't perceive it as cheating, just something that I know would get in the way for me personally.

If the system were the ends to a means regards wing shooting, that you seem to suggest it is; namely ensuring correct mount whereas no mount is even necessary, then I think it would be in more common usage. 

40 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

But could it be argued that if you knew, Your kill rate was say 50 % at best and you wound your quarry with a couple of pellets that your not doing all you can to prevent suffering ? 

And by making it more "sporting " you open your self up to criticism? 

Just playing devils  advocate .

A rifle shooter taking long range shots with open sights in the vage hope of hitting (let alone killing ) would be thought of as cruel  !

But if we achieve perfection via technology......we take the human element out of it!.....Another step down the road to human obsolescence?