Modern life.

fatchap

Wedding Present lists, It seems the norm now all from some store that charge the earth, and nothing on it under £100.

What happened to being thankful for what you got, and not expecting the earth. Had one recently and it had the reception on it. (Bloody hell).

Edited by tonker

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this thread, but where to start?

So called trendy people who pronounce Tuesday as Toosday, lazy people who say ‘of’ instead of ‘have’, and ‘have went’ instead of ‘ I went ‘. The use of mobile phones whilst driving ( I reported a persistent user for this just recently ), cyclists whom have an arrogant and blatant disregard for other road users... ditto for motorists of a similar outlook...especially tailgaters and middle lane drivers..ethnic minorities whom abuse the status... spitting...people who write   ‘ect’  instead of ‘etc’ ( it takes doing as auto spell corrects ect to etc! ) 🙂

Motorists who do 40 mph in a 60 zone, then continue to do 40 when they enter a 30 zone..motorists whom park on the wrong side of the road and leave their lights on, thereby dazzling oncoming traffic...farmers who leave heaps of **** and stones all over the road.....farmers who use trailers with no brake lights, indicators, reflectors or number plates, the load on which is so expanding over the sides it obscures their view through cab mirrors....bad manners....arrogance and bad manners by customers towards restaurant staff....people who abuse/take advantage of their positions of authority....bad parents....indifferent teachers....ect ect ect😀

People who start interviews with 'as a woman...muslim...someone who's black' as if their opinion encapsulates ever member of that demographic. You don't, you represent you, don't think that you're some kind of interview crusader for them and that no one could possibly understand without being in that group.

Donald Trump

The Democrats' tactics towards Donald Trump

BBC filling up the news front page with tripe like 'A banking app helped me beat my addiction' and 'Inside the mind of a groomzilla'

Rogue apostrophes 

Restaurant portions that are inversely proportionate to the price of the meal

The infuriating number of the letter I in Bananagrams

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

The use of the word "Shotty" on this forum. Do people actually talk like this ?

Most of the above as well.

Oh now you will have offended a few!:lol:

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

I like this thread, but where to start?

So called trendy people who pronounce Tuesday as Toosday, lazy people who say ‘of’ instead of ‘have’, and ‘have went’ instead of ‘ I went ‘. The use of mobile phones whilst driving ( I reported a persistent user for this just recently ), cyclists whom have an arrogant and blatant disregard for other road users... ditto for motorists of a similar outlook...especially tailgaters and middle lane drivers..ethnic minorities whom abuse the status... spitting...people who write   ‘ect’  instead of ‘etc’ ( it takes doing as auto spell corrects ect to etc! ) 🙂

Motorists who do 40 mph in a 60 zone, then continue to do 40 when they enter a 30 zone..motorists whom park on the wrong side of the road and leave their lights on, thereby dazzling oncoming traffic...farmers who leave heaps of **** and stones all over the road.....farmers who use trailers with no brake lights, indicators, reflectors or number plates, the load on which is so expanding over the sides it obscures their view through cab mirrors....bad manners....arrogance and bad manners by customers towards restaurant staff....people who abuse/take advantage of their positions of authority....bad parents....indifferent teachers....ect ect ect😀

Blimey Mate, I know what you're suffering from, you're getting OLD!

Political correctness! And the people who perpetuate it, not because they support or even believe in it, but because it's deemed  "right on" in our society to do so!

The use of tokenism, quotas and positive discrimination, masquerading as genuine equality in life, that most see through and resent!

The current flavour of the month "me too" campaign, where individuals have in the past, sold their 'assets' to those of influence and power in order to climb the greasy pole, and now want to renege on the deal and punish those who kept their side of the bargain!

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Political correctness! And the people who perpetuate it, not because they support or even believe in it, but because it's deemed  "right on" in our society to do so!

The use of tokenism, quotas and positive discrimination, masquerading as genuine equality in life, that most see through and resent!

The current flavour of the month "me too" campaign, where individuals have in the past, sold their 'assets' to those of influence and power in order to climb the greasy pole, and now want to renege on the deal and punish those who kept their side of the bargain!

Yes, the shouty few having more influence and rights than the silent majority. Deviancy being celebrated rather than normalcy. The nanny state knowing what's best for you. Freedom of speech that is anything but. Victimhood culture. PC revisionist history. Etc etc.

We are on the slippery slope to a society where we dare not speak our minds, a dark forbidding place that is being sold to us as enlightenment.

People eating  whilst walking along the street (usually a Greggs pasty!),  Bad or no manners, litter louts, people who let their dogs **** near my house (and anywhere else) when there's a dog poo bin 15 yards away.  Youths with their hands down their jogging  pants..I thought it was just a weird Hartlepool thing!  Maybe they're just rubbing their conkers in anticipation of the upcoming contests!

5 hours ago, JJsDad said:

The use of the word "Shotty" on this forum. Do people actually talk like this ?

Most of the above as well.

Couldn`t agree more there. The word`s `Shotgun`. Another is `squizzers`, they are squirrels !!

OB

Blokes wearing flip flops in town

Women driving in flip flops

People running across roads in flip flops

Women driving while on the phone wearing flip flops

Dogs

People holidaying with their dogs every where you go

People watching their dog **** and p#ss on the pavement saying there's a good boy.

People picking up the dog poo but leaving the p#ss in parks in areas where kids play

Dogs wearing flip flops while on the phone driving driving 

Dogs with four legs being carried by people wearing flip flops while on the phone.

MM

13 hours ago, madmax666 said:

Dogs

People watching their dog **** and p#ss on the pavement saying there's a good boy.

People picking up the dog poo but leaving the p#ss in parks in areas where kids play

Dogs with four legs being carried by people wearing flip flops while on the phone.

MM

But crucially, are you okay with dogs wearing flip flops on holiday?

13 hours ago, madmax666 said:

Dogs

MM

how do you collect dog ****?