Modern life.

fatchap

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Puggers said:

Some have been mentioned but my own contribution would include

- disrespectful, self-absorbed and self-entitled people. This would include kids who have a tantrum because they don't have the latest mobile, designer coat, etc. have no intention of making any contribution to life to, God forbid, earn the said item and despite their parents not having unlimited funds and already forked out for the former "latest" item

- parents who allow the above to happen and simply encourage more tantrums by constantly giving in and then wondering "why did my lovely child turn into a sponging brat?"

- over-use of the word "legend" 

- the upwards inflection at the end of sentences that makes every statement sound like a question

- paying for car parking at extortionate rates

- over-use of the word "guys". This appears to be at epidemic levels in some circles now and when somewhat bored at a recent event, I started counting the number of times it was used. 18 times in the space of around 5 minutes and including twice in the same sentence. Yes, I know I should get a life!

- the unabated greed that some treat all inclusive holidays where you see mounds of food piled onto plates only to be left for another plate to be filled

- jeans that are worn half-way down one's '***** with their designer grundies on show

- phrases such as "reaching out" when "could you give him a bell and ask for a hand" will suffice and not make the matter sound so dramatic

- the TV show "Friends" on constant repeat when I personally didn't find it funny the first time round

- women that think glugging prosecco as the new fad makes them "posh" and alluring. No, it makes you loud and unappealing. The same can of course be said for some blokes smashing "craft ales" down their neck

- blokes well into their more mature years wearing skinny jeans, overly tight shirts with bulging bellies, overly gelled hair (if not scooped into a comb-over) to try and look like their teenage son. How old mate? 

- my lovely wife when she tells me to stop moaning :whistling:

Chapter 2 will follow....

rolls of paper kitchen towels bottled water  having strangers wash your car fast food ,roads covered in unnecessary painted markings to guide the motorists who don't know the highway code. new bosses who know that having a degree is more important than experience .

Edited by scutt

Unnecessary signs.  Have you ever been along a stretch of road (town, country, almost anywhere) and asked yourself how many of the multiple signs are of any real use or merit?

For example, opposite my house there is a sign with three 'boards', one advising about people walking, one saying 'no footpath' and one advising that the road narrows.  They are presumably meant to inform drivers.  It is a small rural road in a 30 m.p.h. area.  Surely all of these factors are obvious without signs?

IMG_1208.jpg

Not to the majority of town oriented drivers:mad:

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Unnecessary signs.  Have you ever been along a stretch of road (town, country, almost anywhere) and asked yourself how many of the multiple signs are of any real use or merit?

For example, opposite my house there is a sign with three 'boards', one advising about people walking, one saying 'no footpath' and one advising that the road narrows.  They are presumably meant to inform drivers.  It is a small rural road in a 30 m.p.h. area.  Surely all of these factors are obvious without signs?

IMG_1208.jpg

Edited by Yellow Bear

On 05/10/2018 at 23:09, ShootingEgg said:

We have a few of these in Bristol. They strap a bluetooth speaker round there neck and play utter junk at the loudest setting so everyone can hear it. 

Not just the youth with poor musical taste - there’s a old guy in “I’m an eccentric, look at me everybody” colourful clothes who cycles up and down College Green / past the Central Library a couple of times every day blaring out terrible 80’s and 90’s pop from a ghetto blaster with the volume set to 11. He must get through hundreds of D batteries a year.

5 hours ago, Bede said:

Male fashion.  Blokes wearing half-mast trousers with stupid shoes and no socks, spending more time on their hair than their other halves.

aahhhh those trousers at half mast..............they all look as if they have poo'd their pants and are still carrying it around.......

On 08/10/2018 at 12:03, Cheesefiend said:

Not just the youth with poor musical taste - there’s a old guy in “I’m an eccentric, look at me everybody” colourful clothes who cycles up and down College Green / past the Central Library a couple of times every day blaring out terrible 80’s and 90’s pop from a ghetto blaster with the volume set to 11. He must get through hundreds of D batteries a year.

Right next to castle park, so i get all manor of people, normally watch a few deals go on whilst sat having lunch.. 

27 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Right next to castle park, so i get all manor of people, normally watch a few deals go on whilst sat having lunch.. 

Ah yes, cycling through Castle Park is by far the most fragrant part of my journey home. I wish people wouldn’t be so brazen about smoking that stuff in public. 

On 07/10/2018 at 17:04, motty said:

That really, really winds me up, too. That, and the constant overuse of the words 'literally' and 'basically'.

Oh, and another one; saying 'obviously', when something was not at all obvious.

The other one that boils my pee is 'can I get' when the young (and not so young) order and food, drink, etc! NO!! You may have it, but the person you are asking will get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journey....... used to describe reading a book

Awesome.... used to describe everything

Get ...when asking for a cappy frolatte  flat moshato

High end dining ....to describe food that has globules of vegetable puree instead of peas

Me time...as used by mothers who have had to endure having a family

Sea Bass....

11 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I was thinking sous vide with sea haddock skin and some globules of pureed artichoke and de-constructured banana foam

4 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Can you say all that in english? :lol:

A 2 mouthful portion of half cooked fish with equally uncooked fish skin seved with 3 pea sized lumps of over mashed over cooked artichoke and a small squirt if overripe banana from a foamer and costing £75 per portion.:innocent: