Modern life.

fatchap

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, the enigma said:

Do they count as one of your 5 a day?

No, the orange counts as two; one for the orange - and one for the chocolate, which comes from cocoa beans.  A deep fried one would count as four due to the additional oil (assuming vegetable based oil) and the flour in the batter.

Edited by JohnfromUK

On 08/10/2018 at 12:03, Cheesefiend said:

Not just the youth with poor musical taste - there’s a old guy in “I’m an eccentric, look at me everybody” colourful clothes who cycles up and down College Green / past the Central Library a couple of times every day blaring out terrible 80’s and 90’s pop from a ghetto blaster with the volume set to 11. He must get through hundreds of D batteries a year.

Just saw him going through broadmead at the bottom of union Street, he is living the dream. 

32 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Just saw him going through broadmead at the bottom of union Street, he is living the dream. 

😄 I once heard a cacophonic sound-off with him cycling in circles playing Rick Astley and a swaggering teenager carrying a 2ft speaker

Edit: he’s just gone past my window playing Althea and Donna’s ‘uptown top ranking’ at full volume

Edited by Cheesefiend

On 06/10/2018 at 09:25, KFC said:

Same for me

Also, when my wife and I are having a meal in an establishment and a hip young thing insists on coming up to us, when we're half-way through our meal, and asking "Is everything ok for you guys?"

If there's anything wrong with the meal then we will let you know. In the meantime leave us to enjoy our meal and for my wife to enjoy my company!!!!

Forgot about that one, Mrs SBL can't stand it and will confront anyone who addresses her as guy. Every time someone says this she's on them like a JR with a rat. One guy just would not leave it and called her guy one time too many. The look of shock on his face when her backhander missed him by half an inch was priceless. 

Thought of a couple more, must stop reading this thread as this could go on forever.

Anyhoos..............Tell us about your shopping/ flying/ bus train  whatever experience, (does anyone really give a rats?)  ......and  "know what I mean" Both stretch my elastic  bands no end. Almost forgot {the joys or otherwise of getting older). Actually this and actually that. "Know what I mean actually" 😠