Forgot to grease my end

Benthejockey

Took the leap to get a thread adaptor so I can use my mod on another rifle with a different thread rather than buy a new mod. Got my lovely shiny solid lump of machined steel in the post this morning. Popped it on the rifle. All good. Then without thinking numb nuts here screwed on the mod. All perfect straight and true. Smashing. Then I unscrewed it...and typically it unscrewed off the rifle and not out of the mod. Balls. The plan was to loctite it onto the rifle as a semi permanent attachment. So barring any ingenious ideas from you lot I’m going to nip out and get some loctite (blue I think is the one I want) and pray that after gluing the adaptor to the rifle will be a strong enough hold to undo it out of the moderator otherwise I think I might have to cry 🙈 so gentlemen any good ideas? Yes I know I’m a berk!

23 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Or just drill two small holes enough to get a grip on into the base to assist removal 

think anglegrinder disc 😊

No can do with that one it’s an over barrel type of mod. 

12 minutes ago, snow white said:

What mod is it.

It’s an ASE North Star. 

Id only nipped it up hand tight so I just need it to hold tighter onto the barrel than it is holding in the mod. 

9 minutes ago, snow white said:

Have you got a photo does it strip like a wildcat does.

No it’s just a big lump of metal, borderline indestructible that needs the odd blast with WD40 and leaving to dry on a radiator. It’s a heavy old lump but does work quite well. 

53 minutes ago, spandit said:

Can you get some circlip pliers up there with a bit of rubber to grip the inside?

That could be a possibility but I haven’t got any circlip pliers to hand. 

I ventured out and got some loctite. Hopefully it’s going to do the job 🙈

Make sure the threads are clear of all burr, you just may of got a small piece if steel swarf in the thread. Run some fine wet and dry round the threads both male and female. Then give a good brush with a wire brush and a blast with something like electro cleaner before a drop of oil. I don't tend to use grease on these threads, just a light oil as they get cleaned off quite regularly.