Shakespeare switch Rods ???

Gerry78

Are you thinking 12ft? If so I would not bother, unless you are mainly targeting grilse. Also look at the Greys range, I was in the Hardy shop at Alnwick on Saturday and they have a Greys GR 50  13ft rated 8/9 line for £280 but reduced by 40% so about £160 odd. I tried this rod last week on the river, coupled with a Rio Outbound 8/9 line and it was a joy to use. If your budget can stretch to it, I would recommend it. 13ft is a good allrounder :good:

Those shakespeare rods get very good reviews, I had the oracle scandi d/h. Superb reviews online, but for me (let a couple of others have a cast with it too) it was too soft and I just couldn't get on well with it at all. Sold it, and have a different setup now. I like the idea of a switch rod but no experience of them. Give the rod a try before you decide to part with your money would be my suggestion

Cheers lads I was talking to the gillie who looks after the river I intend to fish next season for salmon he’s opinion is that a 11ft 8/9 weight switch rod perfect for me starting salmon angling I’ve been trout fishing for over 10 years (Rivers) so fancy going after there big brothers Atlantic salmon I think anything above 13 or 14 ft would be to much punch so it looks like a switch rod 👍👍