Wood for sale anyone?

harrycatcat1

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

All allowed. No clay pigeon shooting though 🙂

My reading of the covenant was that all game, rough and pest control shooting, together with  clay pigeon shooting, was not permitted on the land.

Not that I could afford it anyway!

6 hours ago, amateur said:

Perhaps potential purchasers on this site should read the covenants first to avoid disappointment 😁

this is always true with any land or property purchase , some bits of land have many covenants added , and some have none . its mainly shared woodland that has restrictive covenants , and is the main reason that we bought a complete block of woodland with no neighbours. in many cases , the restrictive covenants can be adhered to by just using common sense and good manners.

6 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I don't know but the plots appear to be quite expensive given that its "only" woodland.

the cost of woodland varies massively from plot to plot , and for many different reasons . ive seen woodland for as little as £3,000 per acre , up to as much as £100,000 for half an acre.

5 hours ago, mossy835 said:

it will be some thing like. no quad bikes, or motor bikes. no shooting.if i buy a wood would like to do all of thoses things.

in general (but obviously not always), it tends to be , no quad bike racing , no motorbike racing , no car racing , no shooting at unsociable hours. using a quad to get around your woodland wouldnt be an issue(in most instances) , nor would a single rifle shot when shooting deer or fox , however , racing moto x bikes around for hours every saturday and sunday morning , or clay shooting at 6am every day , would soon annoy your neighbours. the restrictive covenants are just to ensure good manners really.

Wording of the covenant (or "legal promise") for the transfer

The purchaser hereby covenants with the vendor that the land shall not be used in such a way as to create a nuisance to the neighbouring owners (including the vendor) and specifically the purchasers shall not, and not permit others to:

do any rough or game shooting or pest control at times or in a manner constituting a nuisance or danger to any neighbour;

Quite often these covenants are difficult to enforce as it's very costly to do so, found to be unreasonable,  the owner of the covenant may no longer exist or be several people if the covenant was sold. I have a whole host of covenants on my house and land here which was owned by the Duchy of Cornwall.