Red Stag

GREENGRASS

Nice set up .i take it you like the full frame over apsc for the image quality and low light. ? 

Im a nikon user and have been tempted by an fx body but the new d500 /d7500 dx bodys have been making some great images to rival /beat some of the nikon fx images especially in low light with very high isos .

While keeping my dx lenses which are obviously smaller and lighter than full frame .

Ps keep up the very nice images i love looking at them .they inspire. 

Brilliant photos as per GG :good:

Stu, I shoot quite a bit with Canon kit too and if you're going for a new body and lens I can't reccomend enough the 7Dmkii and the Sigma 150-600mm Contermporary lens. 

I shoot Canon Full frame too, but for birds in flight I will never, not use my 7Dmkii. Plus a massive advantage to APSC, like the 7dmkii, is you're getting an extra 1.6x closer to your subject because of the crop factor... 

If budget wasn't an issue I would be swapping my 150-600 lens for a 500 f4 prime, however! 

If you like I can send you a few example images that have been taken with my 7dmkii and sigma 150-600? 

The lens also comes in Nikon mounts if you do decide to stay over the dark side ;)

All the best mate, 

Dave 

GreenGrass... appologies for the thread hijack!

Edited by WinchesterDave

I thought that top stag had a drop tine but I can now see it is half a tree.  Great photos.

Used to run a photography club way back in the 70s and these days just us a simple camera but what do you experts think, is the facilities available today to 'adjust' pictures digitally cheating?  Heh!  I am not knocking it, it makes some of my pictures look brilliant where you would struggle to see what was there.

Edited by Walker570

There is no cheating when it comes to nice images or pictures .

If you like it what does it matter how its made ? The camera doesnt point its self in the right direction or position its self for composition .

You can give a great photographer a 5 year old camera phone and some one who knows nowt about photogrpahy , the best kit in the world and ask them to photograph a subject , the pro will dazzle you with his skill and image and the other person .well no amount of technology is gonna close that gap .