South norfolk farmer offers pigeon shooting

Back again to find some one or people to keep my rape free from pigeon grazing.midway. Wymondham,diss,Long Stratton,attleborough.may suit retired person or keen weekend shooters.got a couple returning from last year but been let down by some and have kicked some people off for doing what they should not do.please pm me and I’ll get back to you

nick...

16 hours ago, Nick... said:

Back again to find some one or people to keep my rape free from pigeon grazing.midway. Wymondham,diss,Long Stratton,attleborough.may suit retired person or keen weekend shooters.got a couple returning from last year but been let down by some and have kicked some people off for doing what they should not do.please pm me and I’ll get back to you

nick...

Fantastic..... I would have bitten your arm off but reckon the Outer Hebrides is a bit to far !

On 07/10/2018 at 19:12, Nick... said:

nick...

If you have any trouble getting pigeon shooters you can rely on , get in touch with Norwich W A , they will no doubt have members who are close to your rape fields and all members are fully insured ,  GOOD LUCK , 

1 hour ago, Nick... said:

I spoke with them about 6 years ago and the top man came out full of his own importance and said he would get members to come out nearly daily and several at that.never heard another word so they won’t be coming again.

nick...

Hi Nick ........ Sorry you got let down , with over 100 members on there books you would have thought they would be only to pleased to come and do a bit of crop protection .

I am retired and have a fair bit of time, but I have got all I can manage and your nearest area is around 40+ miles from mine so to far for me , If you cant get anyone let me know as I am in a shoot at Loddon near Norwich and I could put the feelers out to the shoot members who live out your way . Hope you get sorted.

All the best        John

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:37, islandgun said:

I feel a bit of a lightweight now. if i leave now i could be down for Thursday,.......if the ferries running

Have you set off yet?? Made me laugh.

great offer Nick, I'm only amazed you've not got 50 replies, unless there PMs

Hi Nick, what a great offer, and this is how I believe this part of the forum should work.  If I was closer I would definitely help you out.  You don't know any farmers or friends requiring these services down Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex way, as I would gladly help out.

10 hours ago, mossy835 said:

i thought they would be banging on your door for shooting up there,cant belive you have to ask.

There are serious pigeon shooters and people who just want to shoot pigeons when they feel like it , we are lucky in Norfolk in having a lot of agricultural land and not over run with serious pigeon shooters , those people who dedicate there time to shoot pigeons can normally find more than enough land to go on . 

I know a couple of guys who shoot north norfolk way, they wont even consider coming unless they can rely on getting 100 plus birds, the way my perms have been lately they would be lucky to get a 10 bird day, I considered offering my services to nick but its a little too far, I regularly run down to Wymondham to the gunsmiths for cartridges etc but the wife would draw the line if I started travelling the extra miles to shoot, especially as I am out 2 or 3 time a week now, but I could certainly do with a few more birds to go at. you never know if the buyers put the price of pigeons back up it might be worth while doing a few more miles, but at 10p a bird and them picking through to just take the fat and mature birds its an expensive day out with petrol, cartridges and next to no return. perhaps thats why locals are not jumping at the chance, when you have to eat or dump all the birds you shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there I have recently re located to Carlton Colville in Suffolk have many years pigeon shooting experience I am also fully insured and am looking for shooting your land live stock and crop will be fully respected at all times. My son has started to join me and would be accompanying me to be shown the ropes. My name is Jason so please contact me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nick, if you are still looking for someone, I am just the other side of the A140 to you . I am now retired with plenty of experience behind me and of course insured. I generally shoot/go brushing around South Norfolk and North Suffolk. Thanks Nige