South norfolk farmer offers pigeon shooting

On 09/11/2018 at 18:41, Nick... said:

Thanks for the offer but if I need someone it needs to be local.ill keep you in mind though

nick...

Hi Nick ...... After all this time are you still looking for guns to shoot your pigeons / vermin ?

How much rape have you got that need controlling ? , How many guns would you , or have you granted permission ? and is there any restrictions due to the land being used for game shooting ?

THANKS   MM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi nick I just saw your post .I am afraid it's now gone. But if you ever looking for pigeon pest control.  I am happy to come to shoot pigeon rabbits  and what is availible and allowed. I live in ipswich I am 51 year old . 9 years license holder for a shotgun  4 years BASC gamekeepers membership.  And insurance.  Have decoys hide and all what needed .

Thanks for reading 

Edited by wallrider

Thanks for the offer but I’ve pretty much given up with people.had a couple who should come and see me and don’t hear from them and they don’t come and meet me and another couple who say they will come regularly but come once and never see them again.apart from Jay who comes when work allows,others promise the earth and don’t deliver so I’ll rely on my gas guns

nick...

thats a real pity nick,so many wanting and asking on here for shoot opportunities,and when you offer it for free,they dont turn up,whats wrong with these people?i pay for most of my pigeon and crow shooting and drive a round trip of over 200 miles to shoot on a regular basis,people like this and you lose faith in everyone.hope you  can find someone regular that appreciates your offer.

Like hawkfanz says whats wrong with these people???? If something came up around the northwest i would snatch their hand off as would many others. 

Wouldnt it be good guys to roll out of bed and land on a field full of pigeons but unfortunately.......

I suppose its how far will somebody be willing to travel. I am one of the lucky ones who only has to drive an hour but depending on the lay of the land i would be willing to travel more

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I can understand your position and that you .try it with gas guns . If you ever have need of a gun .please let me know.

I don't promise to get there daily but a few times a week is possible. Me and my dog would be happy.

You can contact me on 07796865644 

Thanks john 

See my post from 14 jan.been let down and don’t see people who should come and meet me so I’m relying on gas guns.nice place to shoot but after a few letting me down I really can’t be *****.if you people get shooting on farms don’t **** farmers about and do as you say you will.there seem to be plenty of people who want shooting but maybe I’ve just contacted the time wasters

nick...

It sickens me to see shooting opportunities going to waste, who are these people who promise to come and then dont even bother to cancel, I have gotten out of bed at 5 in the morning to shoot farms 2 hours drive away, just to make an early appearance and not disappoint land owners, thankfully I have plenty of shooting on my door step now but if invited by farms to shoot I always turn up as arranged, perhaps these people should be named and shamed as they are losing opportunities for others who would be very happy to oblige  , Nick I can only apologise for the rotten few and ask you not to judge everyone by their standards.

******** stop licking his *** everyone!

So you were let down few times it don't mean you can't find commited individuals!

It's a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I wouldn't for 1 moment brand all farmers,

Your wrong to brand all pigeon shooters.

I for one,  i know that myself and a couple of friends would put a good dent in the pigeon population around your fields. We know what we are doing and can shoot!

Good luck with the gas guns.

27 minutes ago, Norwich Chris said:

******** stop licking his *** everyone!

So you were let down few times it don't mean you can't find commited individuals!

It's a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I wouldn't for 1 moment brand all farmers,

Your wrong to brand all pigeon shooters.

I for one,  i know that myself and a couple of friends would put a good dent in the pigeon population around your fields. We know what we are doing and can shoot!

Good luck with the gas guns.

👍

Me and my buddy have travelled all over for the opportunity to shoot. Over 5 hours to get there and 5 hours back with a day of shooting inbetween. We are currently looking for new opportunities. 

Don't label us all on the actions of a few. As the other lads said, most of the community are committed and will do you a good service in return for the opportunity to shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zapp said:

A long established member who knows the OP has been in touch to confirm that the original offer was genuine.  

A number of responses incorrectly accusing the OP of lying have been removed.  

I don't think it's a case of accusing the Op of lying , there are people willing to travel long distances and possibly lose a days pay from work for some pigeon shooting , we asked through the forum so other members are kept informed about the on going situation , all we are told are the ones who have let Nick down , and yet when I ask a few simple questions we get no response from the Op at all , so what are we expected to believe ?.