Gun plan

Farmboy91

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Your gear isn’t covered in that price from the quick online quote I just carried out.

Mine came in at over £185, but of course it depends on how much coverage you need.

Mines all listed on the house ins as separate items.

Did it put your house insurance up by much? 

I used Compare the market site and listed each one separately and received s premium cheaper then last year when they weren’t included as specific items.

But I did only insure them for damage/ theft from the home as they never leave my sight when out and about 

Edited by Jaymo

NGO/SGA, CA etc are only 30ish quid, is it really worth saving a tenner.

Just seems very short sighted for the sake of a tenner ( couple of boxes of shells or 4/5 rifle bullets, esp when many will have £K's of shooting gear locked away)

That cheap insurance won't help u when shooting is banned or u have a problems with ur gun licences (which the way licencing dept's are now u only have to **** without asking 1st to get guns taken off u.)

15 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I used Compare the market site and listed each one separately and received s premium cheaper then last year when they weren’t included as specific items.

But I did only insure them for damage/ theft from the home as they never leave my sight when out and about 

Thanks Jaymo, I'll look at that too. 

4 hours ago, scotslad said:

NGO/SGA, CA etc are only 30ish quid, is it really worth saving a tenner.

Just seems very short sighted for the sake of a tenner ( couple of boxes of shells or 4/5 rifle bullets, esp when many will have £K's of shooting gear locked away)

That cheap insurance won't help u when shooting is banned or u have a problems with ur gun licences (which the way licencing dept's are now u only have to **** without asking 1st to get guns taken off u.)

I see where your coming from, I did look at joint membership with basc too, would be nice to have one I can have a bit of faith in if the worst did happen 

Sorry but i can't see the point in use an independent insurance site and then still joining basc or another org.

If u really just want cheap insurance ur better of just spending slightly more to join the likes of CA, NGO etc as are about £30ish, ur basc is nearer 70 quid

If u care about shooting and its future it is important u are a member of 1 of the orgs (sadly most aren't doing wot they should) ur private insurance company/brooker doesn't care about shooting or if it was banned tomorrow, all they care about is ur money.

Seemingly many of the cheaper orgs offer a differnt kind of insurance to basc, can't remeber the proper term now, but if u try to claim with them they'll tell u to claim of house ins 1st and only pay pout if ur house ins won't cover u, whereas the basc just pays out

7 hours ago, scotslad said:

Sorry but i can't see the point in use an independent insurance site and then still joining basc or another org.

If u really just want cheap insurance ur better of just spending slightly more to join the likes of CA, NGO etc as are about £30ish, ur basc is nearer 70 quid

If u care about shooting and its future it is important u are a member of 1 of the orgs (sadly most aren't doing wot they should) ur private insurance company/brooker doesn't care about shooting or if it was banned tomorrow, all they care about is ur money.

Seemingly many of the cheaper orgs offer a differnt kind of insurance to basc, can't remeber the proper term now, but if u try to claim with them they'll tell u to claim of house ins 1st and only pay pout if ur house ins won't cover u, whereas the basc just pays out

I wasn't going to join both, ive been looking around and want the best value for money, simple as. 

By what I've seen and read basc aren't doing all then could be for the shooting community. Trust me, I'm more than happy to stand up and defend what we all do to anyone that tries to question us. 

I'll more than likely end up with basc anyway just find it's always handy to hear others experiences too. 

Scotslad - you are correct and it's called a non-contribution clause which essentially means if there is any other insurance in force covering the same risk then there is no cover. BASC doesn't have this so the price is much higher. I have all the cover I need on my Aviva household insurance but I still have to have BASC for a syndicate I'm in. It does tick me off that I'm paying twice for the same cover but this happens so many times with after sales insurance, particularly for mobile phone.

On 12/10/2018 at 21:06, Farmboy91 said:

Did it put your house insurance up by much? 

I have mine insured and a few listed seperate that are over "X" amount, and all covered for use while abroad too for £38 extra on my house insurance. Oh and all reloading equipment. (That's really just on normal household insurance) 

Mine is covered on house insurance and covered for public liability.

paid the same as last year .dont have to itemise as the are covered under the higher price items on policy .

direct line 

7 hours ago, Dougy said:

I have mine insured and a few listed seperate that are over "X" amount, and all covered for use while abroad too for £38 extra on my house insurance. Oh and all reloading equipment. (That's really just on normal household insurance) 

6 hours ago, Swinton said:

Mine is covered on house insurance and covered for public liability.

paid the same as last year .dont have to itemise as the are covered under the higher price items on policy .

direct line 

Thanks both of you, house renewal is up in Feb time so that might be the way to go.