Hydro dipping - good or bad job??

Nfinlay22

I think you will find that it's movement that stands out more than any thing else. You could buy an invincibility cloak like on Harry Potter, but if you move your coffee cup up for a sip they will pick that up. 

I think more shooters have been been persuaded by these invisibility qualities of cammo that don't really exist. 

On 08/10/2018 at 17:32, Nfinlay22 said:

Hey all, opinions please. I have my beretta semi up for sale but I may withdraw and hydro dip. Gun is synthetic and in good condition but I find the black synthetic stands out when in the hide and rough shooting. Is hydro dipping the job and how does it behave long term/ thanks 

Really, both myself and my shooting Mate use Synthetic stocked Semi-autos, colour is black on one and olive green on the other, they only become visible above the netting when we move to take the shot! Hydro-dipping is great but un-necessary.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

I had one of my early Beretta Semis hydro dipped. It did make a difference as I had it dipped the same pattern as the jacket hat and gloves I would wear. 

My advice for what it’s worth is that if you use Hydrographics    https://www.hydro-graphics.co.uk/.  You can specify using a Matt varnish over the transfer as I did and, this stops any reflections as some factory provided finishes have which is as much  use as a chocolate fire guard. 

I will actually be using their services again soon for a restoration project I am about to embark upon. 

9 hours ago, motty said:

Hydro dipping may be good, but I don't understand the reasoning behind getting it done. My black synthetic Beretta has been used to kill thousands of pigeons, ducks, geese etc and I have never been bothered by the lack of camouflage.

As above but I’ve gloss blacked barrels silver action and walnut    

There was a chap on fieldsport britian a while back did a test to see if all this camo was worth it. So he was shooting pigeons in a pair of lime green spedos and nothing else. It made no difference as it was his movement that put them off. 

But what ever gives you confidence a guess.

had a rifle done in hydrographics about 10 years ago. although it still looks tidy there is only one coating i would put on my guns and that is cerakote. have a look at techcoat website. he is a mate of mine who i shoot with and it is great. the price is very cheap for what you get. the finish is excellent and i should know as i work in a bodyshop.