UFC

Mice!

Did anyone watch ufc on Saturday /Sunday, i haven't watched much of late, too many shows on with the fights not what they once were.

the co main event as they like to call it was a belter so set up khabib and Conor, that fight went as expected i thought but what happened afterwards was nuts, there has been nothing off limits in the build up during press conferences but i need to go on YouTube now and see what happens, absolutely crazy.

It left me so conflicted about the result. I really wanted Nurmagomedov to win, because McGregor is vile and if he'd said stuff like that in any other sport he'd have been suspended. He represents the very worst side of sporting aggression. That said, what happened in the aftermath was reprehensible. 

Both to blame - but as much blame needs to rest with UFC for allowing things to get this far without sanctioning McGregor in the first place. Instead of doing the decent thing, they used it as publicity for the fight. How Dana White can be surprised at Saturday's events, I'll never know; he brought it on himself.

I'm just glad that McGregor's record is getting more and more average. 

In other news. Billy Vunipola told the ref not to award his side a try because he'd dropped the ball on grounding. It makes Khabib and McGregor look rather pathetic.

8 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

In other news. Billy Vunipola told the ref not to award his side a try because he'd dropped the ball on grounding. It makes Khabib and McGregor look rather pathetic.

Good on Billy, but he'll probably get a rollocking for being honest.

One of the lads at work is Conor McGregor mad so i saw a press conference last week thinking it was the fight, some of the stuff Conor said, I'm surprised he wasn't killed before the fight. I know they say no such thing as bad publicity but that wasn't good, worse than when Paul daily? Semtex, smacked what's his name after the bell.

21 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Good on Billy, but he'll probably get a rollocking for being honest.

One of the lads at work is Conor McGregor mad so i saw a press conference last week thinking it was the fight, some of the stuff Conor said, I'm surprised he wasn't killed before the fight. I know they say no such thing as bad publicity but that wasn't good, worse than when Paul daily? Semtex, smacked what's his name after the bell.

He got his just rewards - he scored the winning try right at the death.

Yeah. UFC is still desperately fighting for credibility, but it's never going to get it when the likes of McGregor and Khabib are the poster boys for the sport.