Police chief. ?

ordnance

On 09/10/2018 at 08:56, AVB said:

As I read it it. He saw the attack, two armed policemen arrived, shot the assailant and told him to leave the scene. 

I am not going to condemn him. Fortunately I have never been in such a situation and don’t want to be. I have no idea how I would have reacted. 

My daughter and SIL are both coppers and have a contact in the armed response team. Their version confirms AVB's account above,  that he was about to assist, but an armed officer, not wanting an unarmed, potential target cluttering the scene, told him to sit tight and then get away ASAP.

Dunno, but sounds plausible

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, amateur said:

My daughter and SIL are both coppers and have a contact in the armed response team. Their version confirms AVB's account above,  that he was about to assist, but an armed officer, not wanting an unarmed, potential target cluttering the scene, told him to sit tight and then get away ASAP.

It does indeed sound plausible; the only thing I’m concerned with is that he wasn’t equipped to go to ANYONES aid even if he’d wanted to. Why not? What is the point of having police officers out there who are ill equipped to defend even themselves let alone the general public? In this day and age it defies all logic in my opinion and those responsible should be held to account for the policy which dictates this. 

If the dead officer had been a relative of mine I’d be looking to sue. It beggars belief, it really does. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

It does indeed sound plausible; the only thing I’m concerned with is that he wasn’t equipped to go to ANYONES aid even if he’d wanted to. Why not? What is the point of having police officers out there who are ill equipped to defend even themselves let alone the general public? In this day and age it defies all logic in my opinion and those responsible should be held to account for the policy which dictates this. 

If the dead officer had been a relative of mine I’d be looking to sue. It beggars belief, it really does. 

Are you suggesting that a very senior officer, whose role is primarily ceremonial and managerial and likely to be somewhat unfit, should be tooled up with a stab vest and extendable baton at all times?

Mind you, there perhaps should have been a weapon in his car

17 minutes ago, amateur said:

Are you suggesting that a very senior officer, whose role is primarily ceremonial and managerial and likely to be somewhat unfit, should be tooled up with a stab vest and extendable baton at all times?

Mind you, there perhaps should have been a weapon in his car

If he isn’t then he serves no purpose as a copper, and therefore  I can certainly understand him being ordered to leave the scene as in those circumstances he is merely just another unarmed civilian. 

As for him being "primarily ceremonial and managerial and likely to be somewhat unfit" - please spare me. He is drawing a salary, having sworn an oath to protect. 

I would have thought pride would have made him get out of the car, run the terrorist down or tried to distract him. He had no radio, so was presumably next to an armed officer and in no danger, when "ordered" to leave. His actions were cowardly in my book, compounded by his rambling on about his short sleeved shirt.

Doesn't make add up to me, he said he locked himself in the car and watched as the officer was stabled to death. When did this armed officer tell him to leave the scene. ? As for the lack of a radio, i am not sure what use a radio would be in the situation. 

Edited by ordnance

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

As for him being "primarily ceremonial and managerial and likely to be somewhat unfit" - please spare me. He is drawing a salary, having sworn an oath to protect. 

I would have thought pride would have made him get out of the car, run the terrorist down or tried to distract him. He had no radio, so was presumably next to an armed officer and in no danger, when "ordered" to leave. His actions were cowardly in my book, compounded by his rambling on about his short sleeved shirt.

Spot on

The fact of the matter is he feared for his safety and he made a simple call, his safety was more important than anyone else's, so he slithered off on his yellow belly.

If the armed officer told him to lock the car door then do a runner....at what point did the armed copper tell him that? Whilst the attack was taking place, after the attack? if so, why didn't the armed copper, on witnessing the attack, shoot the attacker? If it was prior to the attack the threat level would be low......so why would the senior officer need to exit the scene?

It doesn't add up!........I may be wrong but It smells like an attempt to cover up a gross dereliction of duty!

Just now, panoma1 said:

If the armed officer told him to lock the car door then do a runner....at what point did the armed copper tell him that? Whilst the attack was taking place, after the attack? if so, why didn't the armed copper, on witnessing the attack, shoot the attacker? If it was prior to the attack the threat level would be low......so why would the senior officer need to exit the scene?

It doesn't add up!........I may be wrong but It smells like an attempt to cover up a gross dereliction of duty!

Smells very fishy to me!

panoma 1 - I can't get my head around at what time he was told to leave. From what I read, he watched the murder and was then told to leave.

If the armed Policeman was near enough to tell him to leave, there was no danger to him. That version does not tally with Mackey's own version of the events.

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

They clearly would have told him to leave after the event, so he was sat there for 80 seconds while one of his unarmed officers was being killed, plenty of time to have acted before he was told to leave.