Head tourch

Rob525

Im off up to the orkneys to fill my freezer with abit of goose at the end of the month and have been checking my kit. I cant for the life of me find my head tourch so im in the market for a new one. It wants to be fairly small, powerful, good battery life etc. Ive been looking at the petzel tactika + but im not sure if im just paying for the brand? Dont really want to spend over £40. Any suggestions/ recomenndations? Thanks in advance 

LED lenser headtorches are awesome. I have had an H5 since they came out. It has countless shooting trips and been used daily for the last 5 winters with the horses. Only this last summer have I developed a fault it owes me nothing and I will be buying another to replace it. Uses AAA batteries so easy to get hold of. 

I've tried loads as part of my work, the cheap led are OK, Bright and do what their supposed to do. The only problem being the connections failing. 

My latest is a Sealey Rechargeable Head Torch 5W CREE XPG LED Auto Sensor. This seems to be pretty good so far. 

Thanks guys after much concideration i have decided for the ammount i will use it im just going to go for a cheap job. Its a "300" lumen cree led that runs off 3x aaa's so i can keep a few spares with me incase it burns through them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cree-Q5-Ultra-Bright-Zoom-Head-Torch-By-TRIXES/201299136446?epid=1942844111&hash=item2ede5d0fbe:g:NYsAAOSweW5U9LjP

2 hours ago, Rob525 said:

Thanks guys after much concideration i have decided for the ammount i will use it im just going to go for a cheap job. Its a "300" lumen cree led that runs off 3x aaa's so i can keep a few spares with me incase it burns through them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cree-Q5-Ultra-Bright-Zoom-Head-Torch-By-TRIXES/201299136446?epid=1942844111&hash=item2ede5d0fbe:g:NYsAAOSweW5U9LjP

That’s a £9 copy of the LED Lenser H5.....🤣

top find bud, my get a couple myself! 👍

st year they were on offer at a tool shop near me. I think it was £5 plus the vat for two. Could not resist and never looked back. Superb bit of kit for every situation, gralloching when the light has gone. Walk round security check at night and the walk back from a high seat, fetch in some more logs for the log burner, plus other uses.

Keep one in the Landie and the other in my shooting bag never had to change the batteries yet, seem to go on forever.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, The Burpster said:

Would you mind letting me know what it’s like when you get it? £9 just seems too good to be true but it could be the bargain of 2018 that! 👍

Yes mate will do. Hope it will be as i hear its very dark in the small islands or the orkneys with no light pollution!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 18:59, The Burpster said:

Would you mind letting me know what it’s like when you get it? £9 just seems too good to be true but it could be the bargain of 2018 that! 👍

The tourch is very good for occasional use (a little flimsy) bright and batteries did not need changing and was used for a good few hours in total. It turns out one of the guids had the real deal and it was superior in build and performance

2 hours ago, Rob525 said:

The tourch is very good for occasional use (a little flimsy) bright and batteries did not need changing and was used for a good few hours in total. It turns out one of the guids had the real deal and it was superior in build and performance

Thank you, need a new one now so will get another Lenser...👍