Browning Tbolt 17hmr

Keep_shooting

Ive got one in the synthetic. No issues with the bolt quick to cycle now its run in.

I wasn't blown away with the accuracy initially. But now ive shot it in (must have had about 300 rounds through it and had a play with different mods/ ammo (it don't like Winchester) its doing the business happily maintaining <1MOA at 100 yards.

One thing I have found is initially I had a wildcat panther mod on it but after playing about I put my Wildcat Evo on instead and it improved the accuracy noticeably. I think its because the synthetic version I have is so small and light I was getting a bit of muzzle flip off it that was not doing any favours for accuracy. Slapping the EVO mod on which is a bit weightier than the Panther is settling this down a bit leading to tighter groups.

I have the sporter synthetic. Great instinctive hunting rifle with a very quick action and because of the straigh pull you can mount a scope as low as you like .

they are very light and I added weight to the stock and took some plastic away from around the barrel to free float it. This has helped keep it steady and enable the use of a bipod without affecting accuracy.

this triggers are a bit heavy but you can modify them for nothing to lighten them up.

they do take quite a bit of running in but once done they are very accurate.

for an out and out hunting rifle I don't think they can be beaten, I tried to sell mine recently but couldn't bring myself to sell it , says it all really.

16 hours ago, babs2020 said:

mine is  fine but will not cycle any hollow points  or hornday 20 grains 

+1 mine doesnt seem to like hollow points, without the poly tip either.

Accuracy wise, I wasnt initially 'blown away' , but I dont think Ive put 300 rnds through it yet, and it doesnt seem impressed after a clean either !

It is a little small for me too LOP wise, but Ive sorted that now with a butt extension, lightened the trigger, and worked the action to loosen it up.
Im liking it now.