Hide Seat

I am in the market for a different seat. Currently use a swivel top plastic drum which is great for storage but as I am getting older, I need something with a backrest. Had a look at the bergara stag, pigeon commander and nitehawk camo. Any thoughts on these or other recommendations?

must be foldable and reasonably light to carry

Thanks

Kev

Thanks  old’un

It’s more about back ache after sitting in the hide for more than an hour or so than anything else. I do tend to drive to the set up most times so this might be a good solution

Thanks  old’un

It’s more about back ache after sitting in the hide for more than an hour or so than anything else. I do tend to drive to the set up most times so this might be a good solution

Thanks Les

I will take a look

I have a Stag seat and it is brilliant. I'm 78yrs young by the way.  I have used it for sitting on a peg on driven days but now use a folding 3 legger...its smaller being the reason.

The Stag seat does take down but I put a carrying sling on it and carried it upwards of 300yrds to my peg across all types of terrain. The one plus for pigeon shooting is you can adjsut the legs if the ground is not level or even.  The back does give you some support. I have a 24hr problem with sciatica so appreciate these problems.

I have looked at one or two seats and although most are good designs I could not see any real advantage over the Stag.   I did make some 4 inch diameter pads fot he bottoms of the legs as on plough or new drillings the standard ones tended to sink.

i do find those begara seats very hard and uncomfortable................i use a light collapsable picnic chair in dark green...got it from QD...pennies...its got a fold out table and rubbish sack...trouble is its too comfortable.........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzBANG

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......home time........

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i do find those begara seats very hard and uncomfortable................i use a light collapsable picnic chair in dark green...got it from QD...pennies...its got a fold out table and rubbish sack...trouble is its too comfortable.........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzBANG

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......home time........

When I had a Bergara seat, I used a padded circular top off a drum seat which fitted perfectly and made it more comfortable. Just a thought.

OB

I have used the folding chairs but only in 'ambush' situations. Pigeon shooting I like to be high enough to make standing easy if required. Yes , I agree the seat on the Bergara cair is far from comfortabel but I have a couple of foam pads I use in high seats which I put on if needed for longer spells.    I suppose it is horses for courses in various conditions/uses.

I also find the folding canvas camp chairs are not supportive on the back.  At the moment I have a couple of plastic garden chairs in use in tree rat hides but had to make boosters for them because they were too low.   I think you need to try a few and then choose the one/s which suit your needs.   A1 Decoys had a chair at the Shooting Show which looked the biss and I think was light and foldable.

• 1 month later...

When I know I can drive to the shooting position I also use a swivel office chair. I spray painted the blue plastic chair with cammo colours from Halfords and knocked off the wheels. It sits nice and firmly on the ground on just the splayed legs. It's height adjustable and swivels nicely so shooting from it is really comfortable.

When driving right up to the hide it's great, but sod carrying the thing around. For other days I just use the Jack Pyke bucket seat that I keep my lightweight cammo nets in. No back support (which I do miss, being another person with on-going back problems) but at least it gives me somewhere to park my cleverest end and rest my legs.

I suffer with my back if sitting for a long time in the hide.

I got a seat from Paul Hart ( the pigeon shooter ) in fact i have 2 now been using them for a few years now they have a good back rest and fold up so they are easy to carry if need be..

Nice and strong and not to heavy what more do you want..