Getting ready for the coming season

staffyspen

Ahh Parabuteo Unicictictus

What a fine gentleman  in his new feathers.

What weight is he coming into condition at, how is the recall coming along and is he this years bird?

He looks like he will be giving a few bunters a run for their money, sleek and fast and it never ceases to amaze me at he speed of these small broadwings.

I spent many years of my younger life chasing things with broadwings and all manner of falcons in the company of some great bird men.

I had my first male harris 30 years ago when the cost of a bird was very, very expensive. I scrimped the cash together over months upon months, £ 750 and  unfortunately he was  stolen 6 months after I bought him. Some low life took him from me.

I was absolutely gutted, losing the money was difficult but I was more bitter that I would never know what happened with him.

I never forgot that first bird!

atb

7diaw

Thank you for the comments. 

He starts the season of at 1lb 6, at the weight his recall is split second, its a pleasure to fly him. He is a 5 year bird. 

Sorry to hear that someone felt the need to steal your bird, so much time goes into these, it's not always about the money, although these birds now go for a 3rd of what you paid, victims of their own success!!! 

Kind regards

Spencer 

I've been out with spence and the birds , and it's a brilliant experience.  If you fancy trying it out , just invite spence along to one of your permissions for a few hours , when they came along with me , the farmers kids also came out with us , and they loved it.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I've been out with spence and the birds , and it's a brilliant experience.  If you fancy trying it out , just invite spence along to one of your permissions for a few hours , when they came along with me , the farmers kids also came out with us , and they loved it.

Cheers Mel, was a pleasure mate.